26 3 AGAINST 3: V2

26. 3 AGAINST 3: V2

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

YOU

set your bag down on the silver bench, and familiarity hits you like a freight train. You meet gazes with Kyouka, and you smile with fondness in your eyes. After your talk with Isagi—apologising and finally coming to terms with your conflicted feelings, you felt better than ever. You do something you've never done before—you wave. A cute, excited wave that Kyouka eagerly returns, and she quickly takes her seat beside you.

Her own little blue cooler bag rests beside her feet, but she pays no attention to it as soon as she looks at you, "Hi, [name]! You excited?"

You nod vigorously, looking back onto the field where the kick-off begins, and the whistle blows into your ear. "Very. I'm pretty sure everyone here is mostly equally matched, so that'll be interesting."

Kyouka nods, mirroring you and she shuffles her feet around on the floor. Isagi starts by passing to Barou—whose path is almost immediately blocked by Kunigami, but it doesn't phase him one bit. Barou still charges through with Kunigami pressing at his side, but the ginger takes a step back to mark him from a safe distance.

Smart. Barou's dribbling is too skilled for somebody like Kunigami to block from next to him. If he tried from such a close distance, he would surely get juked. Your lips stretch up, and all you can feel is excitement for the match to come.

Kunigami's hand latches onto Barou's arm and forces the king to switch directions to avoid Kunigami's physical blocking. He's pulling away when Barou moves away from his desired shooting range, but getting in close when he gets too near. Woah. Is this really Kunigami? 

Isagi and Nagi are almost completely unmarked and are free to pass to—but as always, the selfish king refuses to pass to another, especially when he knows that he won't be getting the ball back. 

Reo runs up, pushing past Isagi with a look of something you could only describe as absolute vengeance, and promptly steals the ball away from Barou, with ease thanks to Kunigami's physical blocking.

You roll your eyes at the scene in front of you (might you add, that could've easily been avoided if Barou wasn't so self-centred) and cross your legs, arms folded underneath your chest. Kyouka is deadpanning at the sight in front of her, and you think she knows as well as you do how selfish Barou can be. 

Reo passes the ball over to Chigiri, who speeds down the midfield without so much of a hitch—despite Nagi running behind him. You had almost forgotten how incredible his speed was, but you think his prompt goal is a sound reminder. Kyouka cheers and congratulates Chigiri, but you don't hear it over the sound of your thoughts.