Chapter Two

Sophia's point of view

I sat in the car, Michael in the driver's seat and Calum taking the passenger seat. My fingers tapped on my leg to the beat of the song playing and I stared out of the window as building, pedestrians, and cars passed by.

"What should we go shopping for first? Clothes? Shoes? Room decorations?" Calum asked me as he turned around. "We brought a lot of money so it doesn't matter about the price."

"I um don't know." I said honestly. "Whatever we pass by first I guess?" I said questionably and he nodded, telling Michael to pull up into the mall that was on the next exit.

"What's this song called?" I asked and Calum told me it was one of their own songs. "You have your own songs on your playlist?" I asked with a chuckle and he nodded.

"Yep, and it's called 'Kiss Me Kiss Me'." He told me. I nodded, actually listening to it because I quite liked it. It was catchy and the beat just pulled you in.

"I like the beat," I said and he smiled. "And that instrumental was amazing too." He thanked me and then looked at Michael.

"I feel accomplished knowing the girl we adopted likes our music." Michael said and I laughed. "Anyways, we're here, come on kids." He said and Calum just rolled his eyes. I could see it from the rear view mirror.

"You're older by like a year, shut up Michael." Calum said as I got out of the car. I pulled my jeans up and then followed the two to the entrance of the mall.

"Your hair is going to get us noticed Michael." Calum said and I laughed. Michael shot back that his tattoos were going to get them noticed and I rolled my eyes.

"You're idiots." I said and they agreed. "I have my snapback, you can borrow it." I told him and took the maroon hat off. Michael took it and then put it on, hiding his hair a bit.

"I don't wanna put my flannel on though. It's just for the look." Calum whined and Michael gave him a look. "Fine. Fine." He grumbled and put the red long sleeved on.

"There, now come on. We need to get little miss Sophia some things." Michael said and I grimaced at the nickname. My name is Sophia, not 'little miss Sophia' or 'cutie', just Sophia.

"Come on, let's start at Forever 21 and just walk down the stores." Michael told me and I nodded. I followed him into the store and we went straight to the jeans. "Wait, you don't wear those short shirts do you? The ones that show your stomach a bit?"

"Sometimes." I said and looked down at the shirt I had on. "See?" I asked and he looked at the shirt I was wearing. It was a crop top and it had the batman symbol on it.

"Okay." He said and nodded. "Um pick out the things you like and get them in your size I guess." He told me and I nodded as I looked around.

I didn't really know what I wanted, so I just looked around for things I would wear in here. I grabbed a pair of maroon skinny jeans and my first instinct was to check the price tag. These jeans costed over thirty dollars... no thank you.

"You know," I jumped at the voice and turned around. "You don't have to worry about the price. We have credit cards with thousands in them. It's okay." He told me but I was still unsure. He grabbed the jeans and then handed them to me. "You seem like you'd fit in th is size, go on, try them on. If you like them, we can buy them."

I nodded and went to the dressing room. I looked at the jeans and then quickly stripped the jeans I had on off to try them on, surprised he grabbed ones that fit me perfectly. Once I finished, I looked in the mirror. I did like them actually...