Chapter Four

(I'm basing this off of the classes I picked and how school was for me. Keep in mind I'm from California and its probably different in Australia.)

Sophia's point of view

"Sophia, instead of just sitting around, we're going to go down to the school to enroll you." Michael told me as he walked into my room. "Get dressed." He told me and I nodded.

He closed the door and I went to my closet. I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans with a rip in the knee, a denim button up shirt, and my black and white converse high-tops. I got changed quickly and then went to the bathrom, brushing out my hair that I had straightened earlier.

When I finished, I put my phone in my pocket and then made my way downstairs. Michael and Calum stood up drop the couch and then nodded towards the front door, telling me they were ready to go.

I nodded and then we went to the car. I got in and then as soon as we all buckled up, Michael I started the car. Calum asked me what song to play and I thought about it.

"'Lose Yourself' by Eminem." I said and he nodded, telling me he listens to that. "I love this song." I said and he agreed, along with Michael.

"Are you excited for school?" Michael asked me and I laughed. He laughed too and then Calum joined in. "God, wow, that was funny. I can't believe I said that with a straight face."

I agreed and as soon as the song ended, we were at the school. Michael parked the car and we all got out after he turned it off. I walked across to the entrance of the school and then Calum and Michael followed me.

We went to the entrace of the school and then I took a seat as they went to talk to the lady at the desk. I knew everyone was in their classes and I was hoping I could get classes similar to Makenna. She's like my only friend.

"Sophia, what was your old surname so that they can pull up your old records and such?" Michael asked me. "Wasn't it like Flores or something?"

"Yeah," I nodded and the lady typed into her computer. I sat quietly and then a boy walked in. He went up to the desk and stood quietly as she talked to Calum and Michael.

Once he realized he wasn't going to talk to her for a bit, he took a seat beside me. "Hey." He said and I waved. "You're enrolling?" I nodded and he smiled. "Thank you for coming."

"Why?" I asked confused. He told me now he had a reason to miss class and I laughed. "You're welcome." I said and he introduced himself. "Sophia." I said and he nodded.

"You'll be starting tomorrow then?" I nodded and he smiled. "You can hang out with me and my friends if you'd like, so you're not alone. I know what it feels like to be new in a school."

"Oh, I have a friend, her name's Makenna." I said and he nodded. He told me if I ever wanted to hang out with him I could and I nodded. "Thanks for the option." I said and he nodded.

"Yes Kevin?" The lady asked him and he stood up. He told her that the classroom needed some extra copies of something and the last went to go do it.

"Teacher always makes me get stuff, that's why she knows me." He told me and I nodded. The lady handed him the papers and he thanked her. "Well, I guess I'll see you around tomorrow or something, bye."

I could see Calum and Michael looking at me so I just waved. Calum pulled his phone out and then a few seconds later I felt my phone buzz.

'No boys'

I rolled my eyes and told him that he didn't have to worry about it. I put my phone away and stood up as she told me to pick from the electives and langauges that were left.