Chapter Nineteen

(Warning, this chapter contains abuse (kind of ?) and spanking.)

Sophia's point of view

I ate my cereal quietly as Michael and Calum yelled. Makenna was at ballet, Luke was out with some friends, and Ashton was out with Charlotte. I was all alone and kind of scared because Michael scares me when he's angry.

"No, where the fuck was Sophia last night Calum? You said you went to the mall with her and Makenna, but this sure as fucking hell doesn't look like the mall!" Michael yelled and I froze. Oh no.

"I was with her!"

"Maybe you were, but I want to know where were you? It looks like she was out in public all by herself with Makenna! This doesn't even look like the mall!"

That doesn't even make sense Michael. How can I be all by myself if Makenna was with me? You just contradicted yourself.

"Okay, so what if they were by themselves somewhere? Michael, calm down, they're fourteen years old, surely they know right from wrong by now. Sophia's a smart girl and understands a lot of things most kids her age don't. Relax." I heard Calum say as I stood up.

"It's not that, because I fucking know she's smart. It's the fact now we're going to get in trouble for letting her out by herself!" Michael yelled as I washed my dirty bowl and spoon.

"I should have known this was just about us looking bad!" Calum yelled. "Michael, can't you just forget about management and consequences and just be understanding? She's fourteen and wants to hang out with her friends without us breathing down her neck. You were like that too, hell, so was I."

"But our parents weren't famous and didn't have careers to worry about God dammit!"

"Stop so god damn selfish Michael! If we get in trouble then cool because they can't just fire us! Understand that we're bringing them a shit ton of money and they're not going to drop us just because of this. We make practically millions, they're not just going to stop that flow of money!" Calum yelled.

I can't take this.

I ran up to my room and put my hair up in a ponytail. I pulled on some jean shorts and a random tank-top from my closet. I slipped on my Converse and then ran out of my room.

I was tired of yelling and screaming. I was tired of arguments happening practically everyday.

I left the house and then dialed a number I didn't use very often. I waited for him to pick up as I kicked pebbles off the sidewalk and then sighed.

"Hello?"

"Kevin, hey, it's Sophia." I said and I heard rustling. "Do you maybe want to meet up by the school and hang out?" I asked and it was quiet.

"Yeah sure." He said and I smiled. "I'll be there in ten minutes." He told me and I nodded.

"See you." I said and then he hung up. I put my phone away and then continued my walk to the school.

I sighed and then pulled my tank-top down a bit. My eyes were trained on my white converse and I waited to see the familiar brunette boy.

"Hey," I heard after awhile and I looked up. "What's up?" He asked and I smiled. "You normally don't call me to meet up."

"I wanted to get to know you some more and make up for leaving you at the dance." I didn't mean to lie to him, but I didn't want him to feel like my last resort when I don't have anyone. I shouldn't have lied but it's too late to take it back.

"It's fine." He told me with a smile. "Want to head to the park? Just standing in front of the school stresses me out." He joked and I laughed while nodding.