Chapter Twenty-One

(Listen to this song while you read.)

Calum's point of view

"No!" I yelled and slammed my hands against my thighs. "No! Sophia, baby please wake up. You're okay. You-You'll be okay." I cried and then doctors rushed in, pushing us three out and then slamming the door.

"Calum calm dow-"

"Don't tell me to calm down when the best thing that's ever happened to me is lying in a hospital bed with a flat lined heart moniter." I snapped at Michael. "Don't tell me to fucking calm down Michael." After that, I collapsed on to my knees again and cried into my hands.

"It-It what?" I heard Makenna's tiny voice. "No, it didn't. You're lying." She said and I shook my head.

"I wish." I said bitterly through my tears. I looked up and looked at the blonde who already had tears falling down her cheeks.

"It's going to be oka-"

"It's not." I cried as I looked down. "Nothing will be okay. The person who gave me the courage to stop smoking and made me incredibly happy is now gone."

"You talk about her as if she's your girlfriend."

"I talk about her as if she's my own daughter," I said to Charlotte. She didn't say it offensively. She just stated it. "And love her as if she's my own daughter aswell."

"But she's gone." I said and I closed my eyes. "I didn't even get to say goodbye or tell her I love her." I said and cried some more.

"She was so young and-and had so much ahead of her." I mumbled and looked up. "Why? Why would you take her from us?" I asked and then let out a sob as I looked down again.

I felt arms around me and I was going to push them off, but I didn't have the strength too. "She can't be gone." I choked out. "She-She can't be." I said and whoever was holding me rubbed my back.

"They haven't even properly announced it Cal-"

"Mr. Hood, Mr. Clifford, I'm terribly sorry for your loss." I heard the doctor say. "We tried everything we could but it just wasn't enough." He said and I pulled away from who I now saw was Luke as more tears fell.

"Can I-Can I see her one last time?" I asked and he nodded. I stood up quickly and then ran to the room, despite him telling me to walk and be careful.

I bursted into her room and then immediately took her side by the bed. I grabbed her hand again and then wiped my eyes with my other one.

"I'm sorry darling." I said and then ran my thumb over her knuckles. "You shouldn't be here. You had so much life to live and so much potential to do something great. I love you so much and I just want you to know that." I said as new tears filled my eyes.

She can't be gone.

"I love you so much, you have no idea." I said again, choking a bit on my words. "You've helped me so much and I just wish I could have helped you too." I said, unaware all the others were just out the door and could hear all of this.

She's still here. The moniter is broken.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to this band. You may not know it but you helped us better ourselves." I said and stared at her unmoving body. "I guess...I guess god gained another angel." I said and smiled softly.

Please, we need you.

"Raise hell." I said and then chuckled to myself. "I just contradicted myself, oh well. Wherever you are, whether heaven or whatever else exists, raise hell." I said and hummed as I wiped my eyes again.