Chapter Six

Sophia's point of view

"Sophia, I need to talk to you." I heard someone say and I looked up from my homework. "You're the only one here and I just really need to get this off of my chest."

"Of course Calum." I said and closed my binder. "I was close to finishing anyways, I had one more problem left." I said, opening and closing my cramped hand.

He walked in and then closed the door. "What's up?" I asked and he sat down on my bed. "You seem freaked out and shit."

"I think-I think- uh-"

"To-To-To-Today jr." I said and he laughed. I twirled the pencil in my fingers and he rubbed his face in frustration.

"I think I love Michael more than I should." He said and I nodded. "Like, I want to date him and make him happy. I want to be the one he talks to when he's sad and I want to be the first one he talks to when something really great happens. I want to be the one who holds him and I want to to be the he holds. Ya know? I love him so much more than I should and it's killing me."

"Yes." I said and he looked at me. "I do know, and this is what I say: go for it." I said. "Life is too short to not tell someone how you feel and to regret not doing something. Just tell him." I said.

"But he's my band mate and my best mate and I don't even know anymore." He sounded like he was on the verge of tears. "I didn't even know I liked guys until like the night he crawled into my bed and asked to cuddle in this really cute and tired voice. Am I even into guys or is it just Michael? Ugh, this is so confusing."

"F-"

"And-And he's straight because that boy and boobs is like peanut butter and jelly. He loves girls and he'd never date me because he's not gay. Hell, I don't even think I'm gay, I'm just really attracted towards Michael and his stupid laugh and idiotic persona and his gorgeous red lips and-"

"I get it, you want him, all of him." I said and shuddered in disgust. Ew, mental image. "Like I said, just tell him. You'll regret not telling him. Besides, have you seen the boy? He's Michael. He cuddles his band mates and gushes over hot guy actors and musicians." I said.

"It's not that ea-"

"It is." I told him. "You're scared of rejection and you're scared of fucking your friendship up. You're confused and you're overwhelmed. I know." I said and he looked at me confused.

"How do you know?"

"I just do... don't question it." I said and he nodded. "But, you have to tell him. If you don't tell him, you'll regret it." I said and placed the plastic covered eraser of my lead pencil in my mouth. "Make a move."

"But he's str-"

"You don't know that for sure. Maybe he's lying so you guys don't judge him? After all, a lot of people don't accept people of the LGBT community, especially when it comes to celebrities. Unless you're One Direction, if their gay couple came out they'd gain more fans than they lost." I told him and he laughed.

"I don't know."

"You wanted my advice and you wanted to vent. I gave you my advice; hike up your skirt and be a man, and you ranted about Michael. Calum," I said and he sighed.

"You're right, maybe I should tell him that I like him. What's the worst could happen? Him hating me? Kicking me out of the band?" He listed and I could see him get nervous. "No, never mind. I can't do this."

"But that's the best thing that could happen? Him liking you back and you guys getting into an adorable relationship?" I asked and he looked at me. "You guys would be cute and make such a lovely couple. Don't you want that?"