Chapter Eleven

Sophia's point of view

I sat in my last class, my pen in between my fingers as I stared down at my worksheet. I scribbled in random words and then wrote my name on the top. I was way too tired and anxious to even give a shit if I got them all right or wrong.

Before I left for school, I was told that I had to meet the guys' manager. I didn't want to meet him at all. After all, he's the reason the guys were forced to adopt me. If he didn't decide this, I wouldn't feel used and the guys wouldn't have more responsibilities.

The bell rang and I immediately grabbed my bag. I threw it over my shoulder and then turned the paper in. I quickly left the classroom and made my way out of the school building.

Makenna stood out front for me and I smiled. Even though this was now a normal thing, waiting for the other to get out of class, it still made me happy. She made me happy in general actually.

"So, what's up?" She asked me as we began walking. I told her that the guys' manager wanted to meet me and she looked at me. "You've never met him?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No." I said and she nodded. "All I know is I have to sit, look pretty, and act dumb, like those chicks in the movies." I said and she chuckled. "I'm so not going to do that shit."

"Sucks because you're not dumb or pretty." She said and I rolled my eyes, pushing her lightly. "Kidding, you're perfect." She said and I laughed as I blushed a bit.

"You're mean." I pouted and she just hummed. "Hey, are you going to that school dance?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Derrick is making me. Why?"

"Because, I don't know if I want to go or not." I told her and she nodded. "I was going to go if you're going, but since you're go in to be with him, I have to be there." I said and she laughed softly.

"Thanks, but you don't have to be."

"I'm going to go now." I stated and she nodded as we neared our houses. "Anyways, talk to you later Kenna." I said and she smiled. She waved and we walked into our houses.

"I'm home." I called out and then all of a sudden, I saw a man I've never seen before. "Hello." I said and he just looked at me.

"What are you wearing?" He asked me and I looked down. "Do the guys allow you to dress like that?" He asked me.

"Okay one, I am in clothes, ever heard of it buddy?" I said, holding one finger up. "Two, I don't even know who you are so don't insult me and my style." I said, holding two fingers up. "And three, I do not need permission to dress myself. I am fully capable of dressing myself."

"Clearly you are not seeing as you look like some cocaine addict who worships the devil. Or Taylor Momsen." He said to me and I laughed. Who the hell is Taylor Momsen?

"Wow, never heard that before. A cocaine addict who worships the devil? Props for coming up with something someone hasn't said to me before." I told him and my fake, forced smile faded. "I don't even believe in God, let alone the damn devil."

"Sophia," I saw Michael walk up. "This is Roger, our manager." He said and I looked between the two of them a few times.

"Your boss is a dick." I said nonchantly because it's true.

"Sophia!" Michael scolded me. He glared at me and the guy looked taken back. Even though the two were upset, you could hear Calum laughing from the living room. "Go to your room."

"Gladly." I said and left the two. I went up to my room, after high-fiving Calum, and threw my bag on the floor. I kicked my shoes off and then took my sweater off.