Chapter Twenty-Seven

Sophia's point of view

I stood in front of my dresser, looking for something to wear to school today. I shrugged and then grabbed a pair of skinny khaki pants.

I pulled them on and then threw a plain white t-shirt over it. I put on my black and white varsity jacket and left it unbuttoned. I quickly laced on some all white converse high-tops and then I put a black snapback on.

I pulled my black backpack over one shoulder and then I made my way downstairs. I thanked Calum as he handed me some toast with grape jelly on it and he just nodded.

"You're trying out for basketball today?" He asked and I nodded. "You look like 2011 Michael." He told me and I laughed. "He used to dress like that."

"It's better than 2011 you." I said and he laughed loudly. "Kidding Cal, I love you and your style... now." I said and he just rolled his eyes at me.

"Go on Sophia, you'll be late if you keep talking to me." He told me and I nodded. I gave him a quick hug and then drank the glass of orange juice.

"Thanks Calum." I said and he just nodded. I went to rhe front door and then walked out, closing it behind me.

Makenna walked out of her house at the same time and then ran over to me. I looked at Makenna and smiled as I saw she was in a pair of skinny blue jeans and a tight, short sleeved white shirt.

"I'm going to stay to watch you try out for the team." She told me and I nodded. "You look like one of the populars." She told me and I laughed.

"But I'm not." I said and she held my hand. "I could never be one of them. They're so annoying." I said and she agreed.

"Can I wear your snapback?" She asked and I nodded. I took it off and then placed it on her head. "Now I look like you." She said and I laughed.

"You're such a dork." I said and she nodded, agreeing with me. We walked into the school and kids stared at us as we walked in.

"Boo." I said because I didn't like the attention. I went to my locker and then opened it to get my books out.

"I need to go to my locker and get my things, see you in class." She said and I nodded as she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

I closed my locker after I grabbed my books and then Kevin ran up to me. "Sophia, guess what?" He said and I hummed. "I got a date." He said and I nodded.

"That'd amazing Kev," I told him and smiled. "What girl is crazy enough to go out with you?" I asked and he told me the name of one of the popular girls. "Oh." I said. "She's really pretty, good going Kevin."

"We're going to the movies Wednesday night and after that, my house to chill." He said and we high-fived.

"It's better be to just chill." I said and he nodded. "Anyways, I'm trying out for the basketball team today." I said and he looked shocked.

"You play basketball?"

"No, I play with barbie dolls." I said and he laughed. "Yeah, I play basketball. It's my favorite sport." I told him.

"I want to go to watch you fail but Victor wants me at his house today." He said and I laughed.

"You have no faith in me, what a friend you are." I pouted and he chuckled. "How are those dweebs?" I asked and he laughed.

"They're good. I told them to come over with me to talk to you but they're like really guilty and intimidated by you now." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not scary." I said and the bell rang. "Anyways, I've got to get to class." He nodded and then we went to our classes.

-