Chapter Twelve

Sophia's point of view

I sat in my guitar class, along with Makenna, but we were in separate tables. The teacher was going on and on about some project we had to do regarding a song and playing in front of the class.

We had to learn a song and play it in front of the class. That's it. It's simple.

"What if... What if someone physically cannot being themselves up to play?" I asked the teacher and he looked at me confused. "Some people are deathly afraid of things like presenting or doing stuff in front of the class."

"Everyone is coming up." Was all he said and I rolled my eyes after he looked away. "Find a song you like and you have a month to work on it." He told us and then I sighed.

"Do we have to sing it aswell?"

"Yes. Anymore questions?"

Why is this assignment fucking bullshit? Why is it necessary to sing the damn song when this is a guitar class?

"No? Good. Now, start thinking about a song." He said and suddenly, everyone was moving around. I went over to Makenna and she seemed panicked.

"Hey," I said softly to her, even though Michael told me I couldn't talk to her. "Are you okay?" I asked her as I sat down beside her.

"I-I have my dance reticle tomorrow and I have to practice that while this whole guitar thing. Then Derrick is making me go to his football game tonight and the dance is on Friday." She ranted on about what she had to do.

"Hey hey hey, calm down. It's okay." I said as I rubbed her back. Her breathing was quickening and it sounded like she was about to have a panic attack I think. Or is it a anxiety attack? I don't even know. All I know is that she's not okay right now.

"Just breathe Makenna." I told her and she nodded as she tugged on her blonde hair. "It's okay." I said and she nodded as she looked down, trying to fix her breathing.

Damn teacher is just sitting in his chair on his phone while drinking coffee. I'm so close to kicking him where the sun don't shine.

Once she was breathing properly, she looked at me and smiled. Her smile is so pretty. Her teeth were so white and clean and her lips were jus this perfect shade of pink.

"Thanks." She said and I nodded. "Now um what song are you going to do?" She asked me and I shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe some old song the guys could teach me." I said and she laughed, nodding. She told me she was going to do something by Ed Sheeran or Taylor Swift.

"I can't sing though." She sighed out and I laughed while agreeing. "We can suck together?" I nodded and smiled.

"Yes, we can suck together Kenna."

-

"Sophia." I turned around and saw Kevin. We don't talk much, but when we do, I enjoy it. He's really funny and doesn't take things seriously unless it's really serious.

"Hey Kevin, what's up?" I asked and looked at the brunette boy. He seemed nervous, so I chuckled and closed my locker. "Why so nervous?"

"I um uh," he struggled to speak. "Um will you uh will you go to the dance with me? Like as my date?" He asked quickly and I almost stopped breathing.

He wants to go to the dance with me. However, I don't know if I want to go with him. I'm not into him like but, but I can't just say no.

But you can't just lead him on.

"Um," I said and looked at him. He looked so nervous and so hopeful that I just had to. "Okay, yeah, I'll go with you." I said and he smiled so big it looked like it hurt his cheeks.