Chapter Twenty-Two

Sophia's point of view

When I woke up, my body felt heavy and I was a bit light headed. I couldn't move very much, and it felt as if my whole body was sleep but I wasn't.

I opened my eyes after much struggle and I looked around. I was in a hospital? I tried sitting up, but like I said, my body was asleep but I wasn't.

"I'm sorry Mali. I think Sophia is still sleeping. The doctor said it'd be awhile, a few days at the most. Today is merely the first day." I heard Calum said and I squeezed my eyes shut as I tried pushing myself up.

"C-Calum?"

My voice was hoarse as I moved up a bit. My arms gave out after about a second and I frowned. Why was I so weak? What happened?

The door opened and I saw Calum next to a really pretty girl. "Oh my god," he breathed out but my eyes were focused on the bandage on his arm. "You're awake. Mali, she's awake."

"Yes she is Cal," Mali said and took a water bottle out of her purse. "Here sweetie, I haven't opened it." She told me and I felt like I was pulling teeth just to move my arm.

"Th-Thank you." I said and she nodded. I struggled to open it, but when I did, I took a big drink from it. Water has never felt so good.

"I'll go get a doctor." The girl, or Mali, said and walked away. Calum walked over and I looked at the bandage on his arm.

"What happened?" I asked him and he looked down at his bandage. "Why am I here? Where-Where are the guys?"

"I got shot."

"You got sh-"

"Calm down darling, please." He said as my heart moniter sped up. "Your heart can't take much more stress. Please. I can't lose you again." He told me.

"Again?" I asked and looked at him confused. "You never lost me." I said and he told me he'd tell me another time. "How did you get shot?"

"There was this guy and he was going to shoot you but I wasn't going to let that happen. So, I pushed him and his gun like pointed towards me and then bam, there's a hole in me." He said so nonchantly it was as if he was talking about an everyday thing.

"Good afternoon Ms. Clifford, how are you? I'm Dr. Ned." A man said as he walked in with that really pretty girl.

"Might I just say, you're really beautiful." I told her and she chuckled while thanking me. "I'm doing fine, a little confused but fine."

"Any troubles?" He asked me and I shook my head. "No soreness? Stiff muscles? Weak limbs?" He listed and I nodded.

"I was a bit stiff and weak but I think-I think I'm good now." I said as I pushed myself up some more. "Yeah, I'm good." I told him.

"Can you explain what you remember last to me?" He asked and I nodded as I looked down at the ugly patterned hospital dress.

"Um... I was putting make-up on and Michael was telling me to open the door." I said as I racked my brain. "Um, flashbacks of my old foster parents and then someone holding me." He ndoded and then wrote something down on a clipboard.

"How much of yourself do you remember?"

"Is this a trick question?"

"No Ms. Clifford."

"Okay um," I said. "My name is Sophia Clifford and I'm fourteen. I'm dating a perfectly imperfect girl and my best friend is a nimrod. I was adopted by a guitarist and bassist in a band um I'm failing math because I suck and I have a song to practi-oh shit I have a song to practice " I said as I panicked.

"Ms. Clifford, calm down." The doctor told me and I nodded. "You need to remain calm at all times. Your heart cannot take anymore stress." He told me and I nodded.

"Now, not a relation to this at all, but we found a large cut on her arm, any idea where that came from?" He asked, looking at Mali and Calum.

"I was sliding down a slide at a playground and some neanderthal thought it would be a good idea to stick a piece of gum on it and then put a wall tack inside of it. As I was sliding, it scratched me." I said but it seems he didn't believe me. "It's true. My friend Kevin got the same cut, only less deep."

"Okay miss, I believe you." He said and wrote down something on a clipboard. "We need to run a few tests and then in a day or so you can leave." He told me and I nodded.

He walked out and I sat up some more. "Where's Kenna?" I asked and Calum told me that she was at ballet. I nodded and he sat down on the bed beaide me.

"That's Mali, my older sister."

"Can I just say," I piped up. "How are you two related because you're so pretty and Calum is... bleh." She laughed and Calum shook his head at me.

"I'm the better Hood, I know." She said and I smiled. "Calum has told me a lot about you. All good things though, don't worry."

"Aw Calum." I said and wrapped my arms around him. He chuckled and rubbed my back. "What are some of these good things?"

"You're really understanding, funny, and are an amazing rapper." She listed and Calum rubbed my back some more. "He also told me that you helped him try to stop smoking and that's a pretty awesome thing."

"Did I?"

"Yes you did." He told me and I smiled. "I haven't had a cigarette in almost four days." He told me and I chuckled. "That's a lot seeing as I usually had about four a day." He said.

"I'm proud of you Cal." I said and he thanked me. "Anyways, how are you?" I asked Mali and she shrugged, telling me she was fine.

"I love the outfit." I told her and she thanked me. She stuck her tongue out at Calum and I laughed.

"I told you it matched and looked good." She teased and Calum laughed. "Even Sophia thinks so."

"In my defense, if it's not black, I can't match it with anything." He told us and I nodded. "Everything goes with black."

"I know you can't." She said and I chuckled. "One time, he wore like tie dyed shorts and a black shirt with flip-flops. It was terrifying." She said and I scrunched my face up in disgust.

"That's a fashion don't honey." I said and snapped my fingers. Calum laughed at me and I chuckled a bit. "I'm hungry Calum."

"I'm not allowed to bring you food that's not from the cafeteria... and the cafeteria good tastes like school food." He told me and I pretended to gag.

"Nevermind. I can wait a day or so."

-

This was really short buy it was just like a filler chapter (?) I guess. The next chapter will be the original about 3000 words and yeah.