Chapter Three

(I made up the name of the school.)

Sophia's point of view

I grabbed the blue sticky letters off of my desk, and went to the outside of my door. I began peeling the letters of my name off and sticking it on the door, smiling as I did so.

When I finished, I put the stickers away and then grabbed all of my old picture frames. I switched the ugly frames with the new ones the guys bought me and hung them up on my wall, a few sitting on my desk and nightstand.

I grabbed the glow in the dark stickers of music notes and instruments and then placed them on the wall beside my bed. I also had some that resembled stars and planets and rockets but those go on the ceiling and I can't reach that high.

I didn't have anything to do after I finished, seeing as the guys were down recording their music, so I slipped on a pair of Vans and went to the back yard. I grabbed the basketball and then went to the hoop they had.

I shot the basketball and it immediately made a hoop. I smiled and grabbed the ball. I hummed the lyrics to an Eminem and Rihanna. I wasn't a good singer, but I like to think that I could rap. I always enjoyed rapping.

I quietly rapped Eminem's part in the song 'The Monster' and bounced the ball on the concrete before shooting it again. It bounced off of the rim and right into the fence. I winced, hoping no one was out there or could hear it.

I ran after the ball and then picked it up, hearing a feminine voice tell her mum that it was just 'some kid's ball'.

"Well they better make sure to it doesn't come in our yard because if it does it is ours and I'm not giving it back." A rather firm voice spoke. She sounded like those really strict mum's in the movies.

"Hey," I heard a voice and then someone peek over the fence. "Oh, it's you again. Hi." I saw the face of the girl I saw when I went shopping and I smiled.

"Hey." I said and she asked if it was my ball that hit the fence. "Yeah, I'm sorry. I didn't mean too... and don't worry about my ball going in your yard, it won't, I promise." I said and she smiled.

"It's okay. Even if it did fly over here, I would have given it back." She told me and I nodded. "It's don't think we ever properly introduced ourselves, have we?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Can you around the front yard? My hands hurt from grabbing the fence." She told me and I nodded. "Great. See you in like a minute." She beamed and I nodded.

I left the ball and then ran into the house. I closed the door to the backyard and then made my way out to the front yard, closing the door behind me after I walked out.

"Hey," she said and I made my way to where she was. We were literally in between our houses. "I'm Makenna." She said and held a hand out. "Makenna Santana."

"The name is Sophia," I told her, shaking her hand as if we were adults doing business. "Sophia Clifford." I told her and she smiled.

"As in Clifford the big red dog?" She asked and I laughed. "I'm kidding, that must have been offensive, I apologize."

"No, it's okay, it was funny actually." I said and we pulled our hands away as we realized they were still clasped together. "Clifford as in Michael Clifford." I told her and she nodded.

"That one guy in that one band?"

"Yes, that one guy in that one band." I said and we both laughed. She asked me if he was really gay and I shook my head. "It's a bit complicated I guess." I said and she nodded.

"Let's get off of this topic before I end up confused." She said and I nodded. "What we're you doing out there?" She asked me and I took a seat on the concrete because my legs were hurting. "The floor is rather comfortable, huh?"