Chapter Twenty-Five

Sophia's point of view

I sat on my bed, my phone blaring Halsey's music and Makenna in my arms. I was playing with her hair as she read some book called 'After'.

"It's by some internet author." She told me and I nodded. "It's supposed to be like some One Direction fan-fiction and since I like the group, I want to see what's the big deal about this book."

"I don't care much for them." I told her and she told me that she knew. I continued playing with her hair and she flipped the page. "All I know is the guys toured with them a bit and that's how they got more well known."

"Yeah." She said and I smiled. She pushed her glasses up and I hummed along to the song.

It was quiet again, but I didn't mind. I loved it actually. We were just enjoying each other's company. It was like a cliche movie come to life.

"I'm sorry but I fell in love tonight..."

"You're such a jackass!" I heard someone yell over the music. "I fucking hate you Michael. I hate that I'm still so in love with you too."

"I didn't mean to fall in love tonight..."

"I didn't mean to fall for you. I didn't want to, but I did. I fell in love with you and I hate it! I hate it Michael! I hate you! You're an asshole."

"You're looking like you fell in love tonight..."

"All you do is lead me on Michael. You cuddle me and flirt with me but you don't like me the way I like you. You slept with me and told me that you loved me but then you left me all alone. You play with my feelings and you know how I feel about you. Michael, I-"

"Can we pretend that we're in love?"

I sighed as the yelling stopped and then grabbed my phone. I turned it up because it was going to start again and then continued on with playing with Makenna's hair. "Do you think that Michael likes him but is in denial?" She asked me.

"I don't know." I said honestly with a sigh. "Michael's very difficult. You can't just read him like a book." I told her and she nodded as she turned the page.

"I'm done." I said and looked and the loose fishtail braid I did on her hair. I took the hair tie off of my wrist and then tied it around the end of her hair. "It's messy." I told her.

"It's okay." She said and I nodded. She rubbed her eye and then leaned back on me. "Do you think this is weird?" She asked as she turned our music down.

"What's weird?"

"I don't know, us dating? My mum and Ashton are going out and since Calum and Michael are so close to him, they're like brothers. Then we're dating. It's like dating your cousin in a way." She said and I looked at her.

"Not really. They're not really related." I said and my heart kind of stopped. "Do you-Do you think it's weird?" I asked her.

"Not really." She said and smiled. "The thought just occurred to me and I wanted to make sure you didn't think it was weird." She told me and I nodded.

She puckered her lips a bit and I chuckled. I gave her a quite kiss and then she went back to her book, leaving the music playing quietly in the background.

"I'm hungry." I said and Makenna told me that was nice. "I think we have leftover candy from the other night. Can you move a bit so I can go get some?" I asked her and she nodded.

I got off of the bed and then stood up. I went downstairs and then into the kitchen. I opened the cabinets and began looking through them.

I saw the container of gummy bears and then I grabbed it. I opened it. When I looked inside and there was about half of them left.