Chapter Twenty-Three

Sophia's point of view

When I was finally allowed to go home, the first thing I did was make a sandwhich because I was starving. I didn't even go to the living room, I stayed in the kitchen against counter with a bottle of water to my side.

When I finished, I washed my hands and then took a drink of my water. I walked out of the kitchen and then sat down beside Calum and Luke.

"I miss your cuddles." I told Calum and he chuckled. "It's been so long since I had one." I said and he smiled.

"Come here." He said and I laid down beside him. He threw his arm over me and I hummed. I felt safe with him. He made me feel like nothing could hurt me.

"I love this song." Luke said and I looked at him. "It's called 'Fall For You' by Secondhand Seranade." He said and I told him I didn't know that song.

"Tonight will be the night that I will fall for you over again," Luke sang and I smiled. "Don't make me change my mind, I won't live to see another day, I swear it's true..."

"I haven't heard that song in years." Calum said and I chuckled. He hummed and then I closed my eyes. He sang along quietly and I just laid he really while listening to them.

They had beautiful voices and it didn't help that the lyrics were beautiful aswell.

"I'm going to go get my guitar, be right back." Luke said after they finished singing and I just hummed.

"Where is Michael and Ashton?" I asked him quietly and he tightened his grip on me. "Are they working?"

"Um yeah." He said. "Our boss called them in real quick for a meeting." He told me and I nodded. "If I ask you something, would you answer it honestly?"

"Of course. I could never lie to you, not after everything you've done for me." I told him and it was silent. "Is it bad?"

"Kind of." He told me and I tried keeping calm. "Has Michael ever, ya know, hit you?" He asked me and I could feel my heart beat speed up.

No no no Sophia. Slow it down. You remember what the doctor told you. If you have another attack, you probably won't make it out alive again. Calm down. Calm. Down.

"Um," I said and kept my eyes closed. "One time he-he slapped me but its nothing. He was just mad at me for running off and disobeying him. I deserved it, so it's okay. I shouldn't have ran off, swore, and talked back to him or you guys." I told Calum.

"No, you didn't deserve it." He told me. "You don't deserve to be hit, in any way, even if you did break a rule of his." He said. "Grounding is one thing while taking physical action like that is another."

I nodded and he sighed. "I'll talk to him or something later. Right now, Luke is going to play his guitar for us." He said and I nodded, laughing a bit as he tickled me.

"What song?" I heard Luke ask and I shrugged. "How about a classic?" He asked and then he began strumming the guitar.

I shifted a bit in Calum's grasp and then opened my eyes too look at Luke. "I wake up in the morning and I raise my weary head, I've got an old coat for a pillow, and the Earth was last night's bed,"

I know this song.

"Is that Bon Jovi?" He looked up and nodded, smiling at me. "He was my mum's man crush ever since I could remember." I told him and he chuckled.

"He is pretty hot." Calum said and I laughed. Calum sang along with Luke and I closed my eyes again as I listened to them play. After awhile, I heard Calum sing a few lines that I really loved.