Chapter Twenty-Four

Sophia's point of view

When I woke up, I was laying on someone's chest and they had their arm on me. I turned my head and saw Luke asleep right next to us but he was on the floor. Ashton was beside him and was asleep aswell.

I pulled away from who I now saw was Calum, and then he stirred a bit. He didn't wake up and I smiled. I went to the kitchen and then grabbed the eggs, bread, and everything else needed to make french toast.

I began whisking the eggs and other ingrediants together. I put the whisked eggs down and then ran up to my room. I grabbed my phone and then turned it on. I went on Pandora and then typed in 'Down on Me' in the search bar.

Suddenly the song began playing and I went back downstairs. I set my phone on the counter away from the ingredients and smiled.

I needed music.

I began to dip the bread into the eggs and then I put them on a pan. As they cooked, I sang along to the songs that came on the radio station on my phone.

The song 'Low' by Flo Rida played and I laughed. I flipped the bread and then danced around the kitchen because I loves this song.

"Them baggy sweatpants and Reeboks with the straps, she turned around and gave that big booty a slap, she hit the floor-she hit the floor and next thing you know, shawty went low," I sang and laughed a bit.

I listen to such sexual songs but I didn't really care. I mean, if guys my age can listen to this, I can aswell. There's nothing wrong with it.

I quickly put the finished french toast on a plate and then dipped a few more slices in the eggs. The song changed and I frowned. I hated this song.

I went to my phone and skipped the song. I smiled as a song I liked came on and I qent back to the stove.

"Why is ghetto music being played in our kitchen? And why does it smell good?" I heard someone say and I tensed up a bit. My singing stopped and I stopped dancing.

I stood still as I cooked and then I saw Michael through the corner of my eye. "I'm sorry, I-I um like this kind of music aswell. I'll turn it off if you want." I said and quickly flipped the toast before going over to my phone. I paused the song and then went back to the stove.

"You don't have to cook-"

"I-I wanted to." I said, not meeting his gaze. "I thought I'd do something for you guys again because you've done so much for me." I told him and then put the finished batch on a plate aswell.

"Sophia, you've done more for us than you may know." He told me and I still didn't look up at him. "You've helped us a lot, not only with our careers, but with really personal stuff."

"It's fine." I said and looked at him. "Besides, I'm fine with cooking. I always used to cook." I said with a shrug. "Also, you all deserve it so whatever."

"I don't."

"Yes you do."

"I don't actually." He told me and I looked at him. "I'm a dick. I'm rude, unreasonable, and irritating. I'm also self-centered and don't know how to appreciate the people I have in my life." He said, repeating what I told him before.

"I'm bitter and I'm grouchy all the time. I pick fights and don't know when enough is enough." He said and I flipped the food because it smelt like it was burning.

"Michael-"

"No no no, let me finish." He said and I looked down. "I hurt people who are close to me and who don't deserve it. I'm also a bit arrogant and cocky." He told me.