Chapter Thirty-Two

Sophia's point of view

I walked into the school with Makenna, my eyes droopy and yawns escaping my lips every five seconds. I was extremely tired and I needed to sleep but I couldn't.

Yesterday was so much fun. Gabe was really funny when he wasn't trying to get me on a date with him. It also turns out he's transferring to this school because his brother goes here.

When we got to my locker, Makenna gave me a kiss on the cheek and then went to her own. "Oh look, little miss dyke is actually wearing girl clothes."

"They're just shorts." I muttered to no one as I grabbed my books. Right as my hand left my locker, it was slammed shut. "Fuck," I gasped and made sure I had all ten fingers.

"What did you say?" He asked me, leaning against the lockers. "You know I don't like mumbling." He told me and I ripped his hand off of my jaw.

"Go fuck yourself." I spat and went to walk away but he pulled me back. "Leave me alone god dammit."

"Don't bring god into this when you don't believe in him." He said and looked at me. "You're such a whore, you know that?"

"You're such an asshole, you know that?"

He gripped my jaw in his hand and I glared at him. "What did I say about talking back to me?" He asked and I wrapped my hand around his wrist, digging my nails into it.

"I'm-I'm not scared of you." I said and he pulled away after I felt one of my nails break skin.

"Bitch," he said and then he punched me in the stomach. "You're going to pay for fucking cutting me with those jaguar claws."

"Cash or debit?" I spat as I held my stomach in pain. Where the fuck is the bell and the staff? Come on now.

"Meet me after school, if you're not there, you'll get it." He told me and took the neckline of my shirt in his fist.

"Pick on someone your own size for a change, would ya?"

"But you're already my size." He said and I gasped. He walked away and I had half the right mind to go up to him and kick his ass, but I didn't. I couldn't. That basketball team needs me and I need to be on that team.

"Fuck you." I muttered to the bell as it rang. "Where were you like two minutes ago you bitch." I sighed and made my way to class.

-

"Sophia!" Makenna said and I hummed as I felt someone run up to me and hug me from behind. I groaned lightly as her arm was wrapped tightly around me and she looked at me.

"Yeah?"

"I forgot to tell you this morning, but I have another dance recitle coming up soon. It's in two weeks. I guess it's like a part two of the last one so not much preperation is needed for it. I just need to practice a few more things and that's it." She said and I chuckled.

"That's great, I think." I said and she laughed. "Me and Ashton will be there, promise." I said and she nodded.

"Guess what I ordered online," she said and b I hummed. "It's a jersey. It's like yours but black and white. It has your number and your last name on it." She told me and I laughed.

"Aww, that's adorable Kenna." I said and she blushed. "Is can't wait to see you in it." I told her and ran a hand through her hair.

We walked into our guitar class as the bell rang and then the teacher looked at me. "Ms. Clifford, are you aware that those shorts are above the appropriate length?" He asked me.