Chapter Sixteen

Sophia's point of view

'Sophia, come outside. I need you.'

And that was the simple text that made me come outside at two am. Dressed a pair of baggy grey sweats, a black wife beater, and some Vans, I waited for Makenna to step out of her house. I didn't care that it was late. Makenna needed me and that's that.

When she finally did, she ran up to me and jumped on me. "Woah, what's up?" I asked her as I caught her. I stumbled back a bit, but I didn't end up falling. "Why am I out here at this hour Kenna?"

"I broke up with Derrick." She told me and I smiled. "It took awhile, and he got mad, but I did it. My mum was even on my side after I told her what he would do to me. I'm single again. I'm happy."

"That's great Kenna." I said and she looked down at me. Like I said, I was carrying her and since I was pushing her up, she was a litter taller than me. Normally, I was like three or four inches taller than her.

"Kiss me?" She asked and I chuckled. "You said you would after I ended things with Derrick." She said and I nodded. I leaned up and pressed my lips against hers, humming as she cupped my face in her small, cold hands.

The cold air blew softly and our hair was literally everywhere but it didn't matter. All I cared about was that Makenna was in my arms and her lips were on mine. They're so soft and so gentle, I swear if I wasn't scared of hurting her, I'd fall due to weak knees.

We pulled away and she smiled at me. "Is it wrong I've wanted that since the day I woke up with you on top of me?" She asked me and I chuckled.

"No, I don't think so." I said honestly and she nodded. "Is it bad that I've wanted that ever since I first started school with you?" I asked and she giggled.

"Not one bit." She told me and I set her down. I looked up at her and she pecked my nose.

"I didn't think you'd be into girls." I said and smiled. "You were dating dickweed so I thought you were straight." I told her and she sighed.

"I was forced to date him, and I told you why, but I left a few things out." I looked at at her confused and she smiled smally. "My mum hates knowing that I'm not into guys and wouldn't ever give her a grandaughter or grandson."

"That sucks. She should be supportive." I said and she sighed. I set her down and then smiled. "The guys are supportive of my sexuality, especially Calum." I said.

"My maid is supportive," she said. "It's just my mum. She wanted to cure me by making me date a guy." She told me.

"She'll come around." I told her and she told me she hoped so. "It's late, aren't you tired?" I asked her and she nodded.

"A bit but I don't want to be alone. My mum is still at her office working on some dress for some celebrity and the maid is a really heavy sleeper." She told me and I chuckled.

"Come on. You can come with me. Leave a note or something so they don't think you ran away or were kidnapped." I said and she nodded.

"Be back in a second." She told me and I nodded. She ran into her house and I watched. I let out a small chuckle and then threw my head back.

She's such a dork.

I stood here and then a few minutes later, she closed her door and walked out. I grabbed her hand and then led her into our house.

I closed the front door and then took her up to my room. "You think the guys will get mad?" She asked me as I closed my own bedroom door.

"No. They'll be confused, but not mad." I said and then turned off the light. I clmibed into my bed and then pulled the blanket over us.