Chapter 8

RickRiordanfan1379 Lucypg74 auroravalentine1

There are often days in your life that you would rather skip, days that you would like to erase, events that you would like to forget, but you can't, you can't run away from your problems, but you can't, because those problems make you human, not every day will be full of laughter, rainbows and sunshine, no, there will be days where there is only rain, storms and lightning, maybe even hurricanes, and those days are hard, you have to get through those days in your life fighting, because you cannot erase or forget anything, no matter how much you want to.

I stare at the ceiling as I lay in my bed and I don't want to get out of bed, I wish yesterday hadn't happened, that I hadn't lost control and almost killed Luke.

Suddenly someone enters my cabin and I see Piper. "Leave me alone, pipes." I said and put my pillow on my head. Piper sits on my bed and takes the pillow away from my head and she looks at me, brushes some of my red hair back behind my ears and takes my hands and gives me a small smile. "Will told me, are you okay?" she asked and I shook my head. "I'm not okay, I almost killed him." I said. "Almost, he'll get over it." she said. "He hates me." "Didn't he already do that?" Piper asked. "Yes, of course he did, but of course that was before I wrapped a tree root around his neck and squeezed the life out of him." I said, frustrated and wanted to put the pillow back on my head, but Piper threw the pillow on the floor. "Come on, you need to eat something." she said. "No, I don't want to see anything, I don't want to see anyone, I just want to stay in bed all day and hope that everything is one big bad dream, completely out of control." I said, turning my head away from Piper. "You know that doesn't work." she said. "I know, but I just want to avoid it a little longer." I said. "What?" "Oh, the evil children of the Hermes Cabin who are going to torture me until I die." I said. "They're not going to do that." Piper said. "Piper, the whole Hermes Cabin adores Luke, he's their everything, I don't know why, there's nothing special about that guy, but they do it anyway, so I want to avoid them while I can." I said. "And of course all the other Cabins are going to hate me too, everyone is going to hate me, I'm going to get banished from the camp, for attempted murder, and then I'll be found by a monster and I'll probably become a slave to Hades or my mother and I'll die alone ." I said.

"That's not going to happen, it was an accident, within a few days at most something more shocking will probably happen again and they will have forgotten all about it and someone else will be bothered by the stares and whispers." Piper said. "Worse than an assassination attempt?" I asked. "It's camp half-blood, nothing here couldn't be not crazier then something that already happened." she said. I let a faint smile play on my lips. "That's better, now, get dressed, put on your shoes and come and eat something, I'll eat at your table today so I can keep them away." Piper said. "Okay." I said. "That's my girl." Piper said and she tossed me my clothes and I put them on and tied my shoelaces and put a ponytail in my hair and me and Piper walked outside and she hooked her arm through mine.