Chapter 13

RickRiordanfan1379 Lucypg74 

It was six o'clock in the morning and I was sitting on the beach and the whole camp was still fast asleep, I was the only one awake, it was very quiet here, the birds were still sleeping, the crickets had not yet come to sing their morning song , not even the rustling of the wind could be heard, the entire landscape was asleep, I was the only one awake, it seemed like I was alone on the world and that gave me a soothing feeling, it made me feel like I could take on the world. I stood up and kicked off my shoes and socks and stepped towards the water.

The closer I got to the water, the more scared I became, why was I doing this? I don't have to prove anything to my mother, we're just afraid of water. I walk back and sit on the sand again and lie on my back and look at the sky, which is slowly starting to turn pink and orange and I feel the wind starting to blow gently through my hair, how the birds begin to sing their songs and how the crickets begin to chirp.

I get up and pat the sand off my pants and walk to where breakfast is served and Piper comes up to me and grabs my arm and I look at her. "Have you been awake long?" she asked me. "An hour." I said. "You are insane." she said as she yawned and I chuckled and put some food on my plate and offered a piece of egg to the gods and sat down at the table and started scarfing down my breakfast.

I saw Luke coming to the table and I looked at him. "Diamond is going into labor, are you coming?" he asked. "Now?" I asked. "Yes now." he said. "Yeah right." I said and I left my plate and I follow Luke and we run to the stables and we walk inside and there we find Will and Chiron. "How is she doing?" I ask, immediately. "She's fine." Chiron immediately reassured me and I nodded. "Okay, good." I said, a little out of breath. "Can we be there?" "You can wait here, but don't go into her stable." Chiron said and I and Luke nodded. "Who is going to help her with the birth?" I asked. "Will and Ellie, she'll be here later." "Who is Ellie?" "She is a daughter of Apollo and is a veterinarian for mythical creatures, she is on her way." Will said and I nodded and sat down and leaned my head against the wall and Luke sat next to me. "Are you OK?" he asked. "I am nervous." I said. "I can tell, but it will all be fine." Luke said. "I hope so." I said and I leaned my head on Luke's shoulder and he gently leaned his head on mine.

"I miss Grover." I said. "I know you do." he said. "And I'm sure he misses you too, you mean a lot to him." Luke said and I nod softly.

Suddenly a woman with blond hair walked in and she looked like a vet. "She's in good hands." Luke said to me. "I think so too." I said. "Do you want to wait here or do you want to do something? Because it's probably going to take a while." Luke said. "Yes, I want to do something." I said and Luke stood up and extended his arms towards me and I grabbed his hands and he pulled me up.

We walked out of the stables and into the woods. "Don't worry so much." Luke said to me. "Hmm?" I asked. "You're worried, I get it, but it's all going to be okay." "Yes, I know, but it's more than that." I said and Luke stopped walking and looked at me. "You know you can talk to me, we promised each other that. " he said. "Yes, I know. It's just complicated." I said and Luke nodded. "I understand." he said. "I'm having a bit of a hard time today." I said. "With what?" Luke asked. "Today is May 12, today marks one year since I lost my father." I said and a few tears ran down my cheeks and I fiddled with the necklace around my neck. "Oh Adriana." Luke said and he came over and cupped my face in his hands and wiped the tears from my cheeks with his thumbs. "And now Diamond is going into labor and I just want that to go well, I don't want to lose anyone else on this date." I said. "I get it." Luke said and hugged me. "Now I understand your concern, and I'm here for you, okay? I promise." he said and I nodded. "Thank you." I said. "They actually buried your father?" Luke asked. "Yes, but I can't go there." I said and sobbed. "We're going to fix that, come on." Luke said and he started walking and I followed after him.

"Where are we going?" I asked. "You'll see." Luke said and we walked up a slope and arrived at a clearing in the woods and I saw Luke freeze a bit. "Hey, Luke." I said and I grabbed his wrist and he looked at me. "Are you OK?" "Yes, I feel fine." "Hey, you're not fine, you can talk to me too, this promise goes both ways." I said. "It's just..." he started and he looked at me and I saw tears shining in his eyes. "You can tell me, take your time, don't rush it." I said. "In my dream, you bleed to death, in a clearing, in a forest." Luke said. I took Luke's hand and squeezed it gently. "I'm here, okay, I'm here, I'm right next to you." I said and Luke nodded. "Yes I know." he said and I nodded and let go of his hand and we walked further and stood near two rocks and some flowers were blooming around the rocks. "Come." Luke said and I nodded and Luke took a pocket knife from his pocket and opened it. "Engrave your father's name on this stone." Luke said.

I took the pocket knife from his hands and engraved my father's name into the stone.

Robin Sendria

"What is this?" I asked, as I handed the pocket knife back to Luke. "This is your father's cemetery here, in the camp." he said and tears filled my eyes and I looked at Luke and hugged him and sobbed into his shoulder and Luke wrapped his arms around me and stroked my red hair. "Thank you." I breathed out, into his shoulder. "Don't mention it." he said and he put me back on the ground and I let go of him and wiped my tears and walked to the stone and knelt by it and Luke leaned against a tree.

"Hey dad, it's been a year today since I lost you and I miss you, I miss you every day but I'm getting better every day, I still have the best friends I could ask for and there's someone he's very important to me and I know you would have loved him too, I love you dad and I miss you, I miss you so much." I sobbed and Luke crouched down next to me and put an arm around my shoulder and I leaned my head on his shoulder and no words were exchanged, we had enough of the silence, which now said more than words could say.

After sitting here for a while, we decided to return to the stables to check on Diamond.

We walked to the stables and went in and Will came to us. "And?" I asked. "She is okay, she has become the mother of a stallion, you can go and have a look, but not in her stable." Will said. "Thank you." I said and Will nodded and walked out of the stables and me and Luke walked to Diamond's stable and looked at her and next to her was a beautiful, sweet, cute white foal and I smiled and looked at Luke, who also had a smile on his face. his face.

Not that long, but I also like this chapter and what do you think of Luke and Adriana? I really love them, they are my pookies.