Chapter 17

Lucypg74 

Lucypg74 

Luke Pov

I opened my eyes and felt Adriana's breath on my neck and I turned my head a little and saw that, somewhere during the night, she had laid her head on my shoulder. There was some red hair lying across her cheek and I brushed her hair away from her cheek and she groaned for a moment, but slept on and turned her head, so she was now lying on her pillow, but her head was still turned toward me.

I lay on my side and put my left arm under my head and looked at her and I could, if I wanted to, count the freckles on her cheeks, but I didn't, because that would be weird.

She looked peaceful, the worry that you would normally see on her face you don't see now, I don't think I've ever seen her as peaceful and calm as she is now, she doesn't look angry or sad or scared. I don't like seeing her angry, or scared, or sad, she doesn't deserve that.

She starts to open her eyes and she looks at me and gives me a little smile and rubs her eyes and then yawns. "Hey." she said, her voice rather raucous because she's just awake. "Hey." i said. "How did you sleep?" she asked me. "Good, you?" "Pretty okay," she said, pulling the covers up a little further to her chin. "Are you cold?" I asked her. "A little, but I'll warm up," she said. I sat up and took off my black sweater and handed it to her. "Luke, you don't have to do that, I'll warm up in a minute," she said. "Take it , it's going to help you," I said and she rolled her eyes but then took the sweater from my hands anyway and she sat up straight and pulled my sweater over her head and she pulled her hair out from under the sweater and pulled my sleeves over her hands and I smiled. "What are you smiling about?" she asked. "Nothing," I said. She raised a brow and scoffed. "I don't believe you," she said, as she also sat up straight and looked at me. 

Adriana Pov

I looked Luke in the eyes. "Why were you smiling like that?" I asked again. "Nothing, it's not important," he said, but the amusement I heard in his voice made me think something else. "Tell me," I said. "No." said Luke and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Okay, then, your funeral," I said and Luke looked at me uncomprehendingly and I chuckled and sat closer to him and started tickling him he started laughing. "That's mean, using my own trick on me," he said, between laughs. "It worked on me, so it will probably work on you too." I said and started tickling him harder, but he remained silent and I chuckled and was happy to hear him laugh, even if it was to get something out of him.

Without either of us realizing it properly, I was now sitting on his lap and tickling between his ribs and he was having a good laugh and so was I, just because I was happy to hear him laugh. "Say it now," I said. "Okay, but stop," Luke said and he was crying with laughter and I stopped and looked at him, both still unaware of what position we were in. Luke looked at me. "I had to smile because my sweater is way too big for you, you're practically drowning in it," Luke said and I smiled. "So what? It's comfortable." I said and I hugged myself and Luke smiled and put his hands on my legs. "I know, that's why I love it," he said. "Yeah, well, I don't know if you're going to get it back," I said, teasingly and Luke just grinned. I put my hands on his shoulders and looked at him.