Chapter 20

Dismissing the behaviour of Kevin Officer Rodriguez approach him with calmness.

"We'll need your cooperation, Kevin, Can you tell us what you know about your father?"

Kevin still leaning back to the chair," I don't know anything" 

"Kevin we need your cooperation. This is serious. Don't make it harder than it needs to be" Officer Rodriguez said with a firm voice. She had deal with lot of criminals who is hard to break and Kevin is a small kid. She doesn't like to approach Kevin with hardness, but if it needed she don't think twice too. 

Kevin raised his eyebrows and rudely said, "Why should I fucking cooperate, I don't owe you anything"

Officer Rodriguez tried again, "Kevin, we are here to get answers, It's in your best interest to cooperate."

Kevin rolls his eyes and replied maintaining his composure "Best interest, That's a nice joke"

Another officer comes inside, Kevin look at him playing with his fingers. Both shared a glance looking at the stubborn boy in front of them. They approach the boy again with strict tone this time.

"Enough games kid, You need to talk" 

"Talk? May be your fancy badges can find it" Kevin smirks provoking the officers. The officer's patience driving thin looking at the boy. They are fed up from his attitude. Officer raised his voice.

 "Your father was a criminal, and you're protecting him? You think that's smart?"

Kevin shrugged, "Smart or not, it's none of your business. I don't have to answer  you."

The officers got frustrated by his attitude and lack of cooperation, address him with a aggressive tone, "You're making this harder on yourself, Kevin. Tell us what you know, or you'll face the consequences."

Kevin seemed to be unfazed by the threat. but his entire body got shivers hearing him. He shivered, but "Consequences? I've faced worse. Go ahead, do your worst."

 "Kevin, we need your cooperation to figure this out. We're not your enemies" Officer Rodriguez said in her monotone voice.

"Enemies? I don't have enemies, just people I don't give a damn about" Kevin snarked at the officer.

The officers exchange glances, undeterred by Kevin's insolence.

"Kevin, we understand this is tough for you, but acting out won't change the situation" Officer Min try to explain him.

Kevin laughed and said, "Tough for me? You have no idea."

Kevin again get his composure back and continue giving sarcastic remarks to the officers.

"We're not giving up on you, son. You might not want our help, but we won't turn our backs." Officer Rodriguez said .

Kevin sarcastically said, "How heartwarming. Should I be shedding tears of gratitude?"

Officer Rodriguez leans in, adopting a stern expression.

"Your father involved in a drug business moreover that we found blood in your house. Are you trying to tell me that you don't know anything" 

"Fuck you bitch, JUST FUCKING LEAVE ME ALONE" Kevin shouted. He is loosing his cool.

"You're playing with fire, Kevin. This isn't a game. Your father's actions have consequences, and we can make it very difficult for you." Other male officer said in no nonsense tone. Kevin really got scared but he maintain his guard. "Don't tell anything to police" he chanted this in his head.