Chapter 34

Chapter 34

In pursuit of happiness decisions gets a bit tough.

A month passed, I started living like I used to do before she even came.

The most-awaiting event wherein the clash of departments will happen got postponed, I heard it is sponsored by their corporations. And it will be shown in televisions, like how olympics does, which is why the preparation took weeks.

I applied for debate, that's the only talent I think I have, I shrugged my thoughts. Now isn't the time to think about the extracurricular activities.

We're on our way back to the city. Elena and I, we were on her rest house. Dinala niya ako ro'n para kahit papaano ay mabawasan ang stress ko.

The wind brushed in my skin, it is far cold, but the sunlight is warm, it made the temperature balanced.

I wave my hand to feel it even more. We are not using her motorcycle 'cause it is under repair. She's in the driver-seat with a sunglasses on, ang astig niya tignan. Tila sumasayaw din ang buhok niya kasabay ang hangin.

Ngumiti ako sa kaniya.

"What?" Her soft smile made my heart thumps.

"Naalala ko noong nag-bump car tayo, hindi ka marunong mag-maneho pero ang bilis ng pagpapatakbo mo ngayon. Halatang ginawa mo lang 'yon para makatabi ako e."

Natawa siya. "I'll slow down. . ."

She prefer to ride wheels with no upper interior, dahilan para mag-mistulang nalulunod ako dahil sa pagsayaw ng buhok ko.

Hinawi niya ang kaniyang buhok at iniangat ang salamin, her eyes wrinkled by her captivating smile. She made feel better, and to be specific, her smile and warm presence does.

"Want to play a song?" I shook. The sunlight landed on her face, it made her more charismatic.

Weeks after the closure that questions flooded for a nth time, yet I stop. And now for real. I don't want to use a person for me to heal, I want our connection to be genuine, and not pass the burden. 'Cause Elena don't deserve to be used.

She made my thorn heart at ease.

"When will you reconcile with them?"

"When the time come that I'm finally ready," I'm afraid that they'll still be a trigger, that to be with them will make me back to zero. "The time when I'm finally healed."

"When?" I shook in a slow manner, I don't know.

Iniwas ko ang tingin at pinagmasdan ang ganda ng daanan, mga puno't naglalakihang bato lang ang makikita sa paligid. Ang swerte ko.

Everytime that I'm exhausted she'll brought me to her rest house, it's peaceful in there, and the vibe feels like we're on a beach.

I never tell anyone but she will always noticed, if I'm hurt, drained, or mentally exhausted. She had always known even when I pretend that I'm okay infront of everyone as my new usual routine. And when she does, she'll do everything to ease my worries, and she always succeeded.

Lagi na kaming magkasama, sa mga lakad niya, sa unibersidad, tuwing libre kami, pero kapag lunch miminsan lang kami mag-kasabay dahil busy siya lagi sa oras na 'yan.

Pain are now tolerable, but the anticipation and hope that I still have isn't. I thought it will be gone 'cause the pain now slowly does, but it didn't. I still hope she cares, she'll come back, begged, and ask me to stop, stop trying to unlove her, but I know she won't.

Elena's right, how can I move forward if I'm still hoping?

The cuts are still fresh but it no longer bleeds. I know what we had will leave a scar, a mark of a love that will be untold, unknown to the world, and a secret that for once wasn't hidden.