43

This chapter is dedicated to my sweet readers who voted on the last chapter!

MaryJoyOximas EveLorraineBrillante lomugdangjovy jaymatrix chinzkie_29  AngelFlordeliza JaMitch_14

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 43

A leaf in Fall

Once, i've sang a certain song in my mind, i was brushing my hair at that time, and then suddenly... from the vanity, i heard Incus singing the same song—on the exact chorus that was i've been singing in my head. It was unexpected!

A coincidental matching of outfits with Peia, A Storm in a supposed Summer month, friends arriving, a friend leaving, betrayals, danger...Those are the examples of unexpected happenings.

Katulad na lamang ng maagang pag-alis ni Calli. Hindi din namin inaasahan iyon.

It was after Rebecca's wedding when she hurriedly left. Like she's running out of time or something. And yes! rebecca is already married to none other than the love of her life. The brother of my own Fiancée, Auricle.

Turns out, naunahan pa nila kami. When Auricle went home from San Velles (he was sent there for business matters, kung kaya't nang umuwi siya ay siyang pag-alis din ni Malleus para palitan siya roon), he wasted no time. He proposed and married his love.

We were all happy for them, as they were also expecting. The latter i wasn't so sure about... what to feel. There is a mixture of happiness for my friend, and even a dismay for myself because of the disappointment i've been bubbling. Nanghihinayang lang ako, that's all. I could not imagine myself with a child in this early age. But that's just me. Who cares of what i think! I refuse to be the jury of my friend's decisions. As long as our Rebecca is happy. At least one of us already got her happy ending. If this is really it. I really hope so.

And let me tell you another thing about unforeseen events. When i happen to catch the bride's bouquet during the reception, that was one of it.

Kahit ako ay nagulat. Ramdam ko ang mga mata ng tao sa akin. Yet, i wasn't anxious about them. But there was a certain hazel pairs though, and they stormed an impulse in me to toss the bouquet on the nearest person from me.

I didn't mean to let out a disgusted expression as i threw the delightful flowers, sa katunayan nga ay gusto ko iyong itago dahil may mga shades of purple roon na siyang paborito ko. But what can i do? His mother was gazing at me like i was her prey. Like i would pull a Winona there and slid some of the gold cutleries in my purse.

And it is not a help that she keeps on glancing at me then mumbles some words with the women on her table. Hindi ko pa sila kilala lahat, pero mukhang may ideya na ako kung sino-sino sila.

If i were only at school, i would not tolerate these kinds of whispers. Hindi ako tanga para hindi isiping hindi ako ang pinag-uusapan nila.

Naputol ang attensyon ko sa kanila nang lapitan ako ni Incus. I knew he saw what i did. And i'm not oblivious by his annoyance. Pasalamat na lang ako na hindi siya nagsalita tungkol doon.