Chapter 38

Finnley's POV

"Aaliyah means so much to me. We broke up a few months ago and my life is terrible without her." Hayes explained as we walked into the kitchen.

"She likes a person that is naturally cute. Compliment her and have good manners. She's really into that shit. Okay. I'm Aaliyah. You're you. " I smiled at him.

"Hi Hayes!"
"Hi! You look beautiful today."
"You don't look too bad yourself."
"Y'know, I just- I-"
"What, Hayes?"
"It's just that... I really like you."

Nash's POV

I was sitting on the couch with Chloe. I heard talking in the kitchen. I decided to listen to this conversation.

"Y'know, I just- I-"
"What, Hayes?"
"It's just that... I really like you"

WHAT!?!??! "Chloe! Uh- lets go in the kitchen! I'll grab us a snack!" "Oka-" I cut her off by pulling her arm and running into the kitchen.

"WHat's going on here?!" I said, searching for air. "Nash! What are you doing here?!" Hayes screamed. "Uhm... Getting a snack...?" I responded. "Come on Hayes, let's get out of here." Finnley pulled Hayes out of the kitchen and into his room.

"What was that all about!?" Chloe screamed, looking at me with those makeup saturated eyes. I cringed at the sight of them. "Chloe, I'm sorry. I think I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."

Chloe walked out of the door with no expression and turned around. "If you love her so much, don't hide it." She turned around and drove away.

Oh god. She's right. I'm hurting everybody else because I like Finn.

I walked up the stairs quietly. I pressed my ear against Hayes' bedroom door. I listened to the conversation.

"I really like you. Ever since we broke up a few months ago, my life hasn't been the same. I really missed you." Hayes said, with meaning.
"Hayes. I missed you too. I really like you too, I mean, I think... I love you." Finnley replied.

That's it. I ran into my bedroom and stuffed my face in my pillow. How? Has she been dating Hayes months before? When I was dating her? SHE WAS DATING BOTH OF US?

I wasn't even sad anymore. I'm fucking pissed off. Whatever Chloe said is complete bullshit.