Chapter 12

-Finn's POV-

I had to go back to school. Yesterday I was kicked and called a slut. Then came back to cutting.

I went on the bus and sat alone. Matt sat behind me with his friend Carter.

I stuck my head to the window. Unhappy about my life. How in the end, nothing good will happen. Happily ever afters are loads of shit. 

We arrived at school and I went in. The Nurse rushed towards me.

"Finnley! How are you feeling? Marie is expelled for a month because of what she did."

"I'm not doing so well. But I can live trough it. Thank you. Marie gave me the black eye, too." I pointed to it.

"Sweetie. You'll get better. I promise." I nodded my head and went to my locker. 

"Finnley. I'm so sorry." Nash said.

"Save it. I told you I don't want to see you anymore." I tried walking away. He grabbed my wrist. I winced in pain.

In confusion, Nash pulled up my sleeves. He saw the cuts I made and tears brimmed his eyes.

"Why?" He asked.

"Don't ask me why. You know why. You were the one that put me through hell! And why do you care? I'm just a slut like any other!" I yelled and cried. I rushed to the bathroom with Aaliyah.

She wiped away my tears and put new mascara on me. 

"Why?" Aali asked too.

"I couldn't take the hurt anymore. I like the feel of it. I did it before in Virginia. Nash made me want to cut." I explained.

We returned to our regular classes and the day flew by. I walked home behind Matt and his friend Carter. Carter was coming over. I never really got to know him.

I sat down on a stool at the counter. I flipped through a magazine.

"Yeah let's go to the beach. I'm already ready." I heard Carter say to Matt.

"Yea lemme go get my stuff." Matt said and ran up the stairs.

I went to the fridge to find something to eat. There was nothing. I closed the door to see Carter standing really close to me.

"Can I see your cuts?" He asked, sorrowful. I simply nodded.  

He pulled up my sleeve slowly. Staring at them for a minute.

"Finn. Please don't cut. I think you are beautiful. You aren't a slut. Don't listen to Nash. Fuck him. He was lucky to be your boyfriend. Even with your black eye, bruise, and cuts I think you are the prettiest girl in the world. I think you are beautiful, princess. and nothing will ever change that." He said softly, holding my hands. I was in tears.

I hugged him tight and he hugged back. I cried into his shirt.

"Thank You. I love you." I said in between sobs. I did love him. He was really comforting even though I barely know him.

"I love you too. I don't want to see you get hurt."

I faced him. Our faces inches apart. I closed the gap and kissed him passionately.

"What the fuck?" Matt said walking down the stairs.

"Matt, this is my boyfriend, Carter." I said hoping he wanted to be my boyfriend.

"Matt, this s my girlfriend, Finn." He said and I pecked him on the lips

"Whatever just don't hurt her." Matt said putting on his shoes.

"He wouldn't" I smiled as he picked me up and put me in the car. 

We went to the beach and had the best time. It was so much fun with Carter. He's so funny. I love him.