Chapter 10

-Finnley's POV-

My mom found out about the black eye and she was angry. But she told me to shrug it off. There's always gonna be someone that is mean and hurts you. I brushed my teeth and went to bed.

I woke up the next morning to my cousin charging at me with a hug. My cousin, Derek, was visiting North Carolina. He's 2 years older than me, so he's a senior.

"DEREK!" I screamed.

"FINNY!" He always called me that when I was little. He was like my big brother.

A few minutes later, Matt came down the stairs.

"Derek?" Matt said in a raspy voice.

"MATT! I'M VISITING FROM VIRGINIA!" He was always so enthusiastic.

"Oh. Hi." What a douche. Matt, you haven't seen him in a year!

"Don't mind him, Derek. Let's go somewhere, like the boardwalk. It's where I first went when we arrived here in North Carolina." I said excitedly.

"Sure. Let's go!"

"Mom, do you wanna come?" I asked politely.

"Sure. I'll just be supervising you. I'll let you guys catch up."

My mom started the car and we drove down the boardwalk.

We hopped out of the car and started walking.

"Ooh! It's a ring toss thingy!" He said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards it.

"Derek, you know I suck at these kind of things!" I said sadly.

"It's okay. I'll win you something."

"Get me the elephant! No, the dolphin. Wait! The elephant!" I smiled.

He trew the rings perfectly and got me a big stuffed elphant.

"Thankyou thankyou thankyou!" I screamed and ran around him like a 5 year old.

"Come on! I wanna see more of the boardwalk!" He held my hand as we walked.

"I'm getting tired of walking." I said slumping down.

"Get on my back." He said and I jumped on his back. He twirled and ran around.

"Picture!" My mom screamed. I handed her my phone so she could take one on it.

"Say Cheese!" My mom said. I held on to Derek's back and smiled. I jumped off and looked at it.

"Aww. This is super cute!" I smiled.

"@FinnleyEspinosa: Reunited<3" I tweeted with the picture.

We went home and watched a bunch of movies.