CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

In the tense atmosphere, I hesitantly called out, "Uhm. K-Kerson. . ." my voice betraying a hint of nervousness.

Halos hindi ako makagalaw ng maayos. Hindi ko kaya matignan siya ng maayos kahit pilit niyang hinuhuli ang aking tingin.

Overwhelmed with emotions, I felt the urge to cry and vanish before him, my fear surfacing. Nervously, I bit my lower lip to combat the anxiety gripping me. Kerson, his voice gentle, addressed the elephant in the room.

"Is it true that you are pregnant?" he inquired, prompting me to lift my head and meet his gaze, scrutinizing every nuance on his face.

Tiningnan ko siya ng ilang segundo, nagdadalawang isip kung sasagutin ko ba o magiging tikom na lang ang bibig ko.

Tiningnan ko sina Mama at Ate Kissha na nagbabakasali tulungan nila ako. Umubo ng malakas si Mama para mapunta sa kaniya ang atensiyon.

"Iwan na muna na'min kayo," mahinang saad ni Mama. "Bryan, Kissha, Kent, sa kwarto tayo."

I nodded at them. Kenzo's eyes sought forgiveness. It wasn't his fault; if I had informed him about Kerson's presence sooner, this wouldn't have occurred, and Kenzo wouldn't have been caught off guard.

"Bryan, si Mama, alalayan mo, ah," sabi ko.

Tinignan ako ni Bryan nagtataka, naguguluhan kung ano ang nangyayari. Bryan nodded at me. I smiled at him instead. 

Ano nang gagawin ko? Kaharap ko na ang kinatatakutan kong mangyari. Hanggang ngayon, hindi mawala-wala ang kabang nararamdaman ko.

As they entered the room, Kerson approached me closely, locking eyes.

"Aly, answer me," his voice barely above a whisper.

I closed my eyes, nervously biting my lower lip.

"Yes. I'm two months pregnant," I murmured.

"Really?! Please, repeat, maybe I heard wrong," a hint of pity flashed in his eyes.

His eyes transformed into genuine happiness. He even let out a breath, overwhelmed with a mix of surprise and excitement.

Kerson paced back and forth in the kitchen, struggling to believe the news. The initial pity lingered on his lips and in his eyes, creating a moment of emotional turbulence.

"Buntis ako magdadalawang buwan na, Kerson," nahihirapan kong saad.

After sharing the news, Kerson seized my hand, his touch leaving a warm trail down my back.

"I'm so happy, Aly," his whispered words carried a tangible joy, but my silence hung in the air, a cautious reluctance to disrupt his emotional moment.

"Who's the father?" he asked, a smile still gracing his face. "Am I going to be a Daddy?"

Gently pulling away, I held both of his hands, locking eyes with him. The weight of my unspoken truth filled the space between us, and my pleading eyes silently conveyed the complexity of the situation, inviting a conversation that could alter the course of our relationship.

Hindi ko kaya.

"Tara na? Mala-late ka sa flight mo," I replied weakly, choosing silence as my refuge. His breathing weakened as he slowly withdrew his hand from my grip.

"I'm not leaving. I'm staying here," he promised.

Shock widened my eyes as his steadfast commitment unfolded, creating an unexpected twist in the delicate balance of emotions between us.