CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

"Alyzza," he said, his gaze piercing mine with bloodshot eyes.

The truth stared back at me, stark and undeniable. One of my worst fears was unfolding right before my eyes, and I felt a chill run down my spine as nervousness and fear gripped me.

"D-Dion. . . Let's go?" I interjected hastily.

"Yes, Mom!" Dion chimed in eagerly, oblivious to the tension between us.

Turning to Kerson, I saw signs of his anger barely contained beneath the surface. His ears and nose were turning red, a clear indication of his struggle to keep his composure. I bit my lower lip, realizing how hard it was for him.

"Alyzza—" he began, but I cut him off before he could say more.

"H'wag ngayon, Kerson," kinakabahan kong sabi. "Araw niya ngayon. Ayoko masira ang araw niya."

He let out a heavy sigh, "I'm going with him," 

Sasama siya? May balak na siyang kunin sa akin? Iuwi niya na ba sa U.K?

"H'wag na. Baka hinihintay ka ni Rhian," mabilis kong tugon.

"No one is waiting for me, and if there is, I don't care," he replied firmly. "Nothing else is important to me, but you and Dion are more important."

Hindi ako sumagot sa kaniya, baka maging kumplikado pa ang usapan. Hanggang ngayon, hindi pa rin humihina ang kabog sa puso ko. Hindi ko maalis sa isip ko ang takot na nararamdaman ko.

Kasalanan ko naman, e. Kasalanan ko kung bakit patuloy kong itinatago ang totoo sa kanila. Lahat ito ay dahil sa akin, kaya unti-unti nang lumalayo ang anak ko sa kaniya. Ang kinatatakutan ko ngayon, kapag nalaman na ni Kerson ang totoo, baka kunin niya sa akin ang anak ko.

Pero hindi ko hahayaang mangyari 'yon — lalaban ako para sa anak ko.

We stood in front of Skyranch at SM Pampanga, surrounded by a plethora of rides and games to choose from. The towering ferris wheel caught my eye, one of the largest in the area.

"Baby boy, which ride do you want to try first?" I asked my son.

He looked around, overwhelmed by the options, "I want to ride the spinning horse!"

"What? Spinning horse? Where is that?" I inquired, trying to follow his gaze.

He pointed eagerly, leading my eyes to the carousel ride. I couldn't suppress my laughter at his innocent mistake, joining by a soft chuckle from Kerson.

"Big boy, that's the carousel ride," Kerson explained gently. "Would you like to ride it?"

"Yes Tito, please!" Dion gigled.

"And what about you, Aly?" Kerson teased, flashing me a smirk. "Would you like to ride on top of me?"

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Gago, umayos ka!'

"Alright!" I replied with a wink. "Shall we?"

"Wait, Mommy?" Dion's voice interrupted.

I turned to him, curious about his sudden hesitation, still holding his hand.

"Uhm. . . will Tito join us on the carousel ride?" he asked, his question sending a shiver of fear down my spine I knew deep down that at any moment, Kerson might take my son away.

"Of course," I smiled weakly.

A while back, we hopped on the horse carousel ride, and it was a simple joy that made my son's face light up with happiness. Seeing his big smile under the carousel lights reminded me how much happiness can be found in the little things of childhood. Dion, my energetic four-year-old, has a captivating look that catches everyone's eye.