CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

I'm scared and unsure about what might happen because of what I did. I worry that it's too late to fix things and that if I tell Kerson the truth, he won't listen.

The idea of him not believing me makes me really scared, especially since I know I might have to give up a lot to make things right and earn back his trust. Takot na baka hindi niya tanggapin si Dion, ang anak ko bilang anak niya. Kung mangyayari man iyon, babagsak ang mundo ko kapag nagkataon.

I'll put aside my pride and give up whatever I need to for my son. I'll do whatever it takes to make things right for him. I'm willing to sacrifice everything for his well-being. I'll do absolutely anything for my son. Ganu'n talaga kapag may anak na, kahit sa ikakasakit mo, gagawin mo para sa kaniya. Knowing myself, I find solace in his happiness there, fulfilling the love he receives from his father.

Matagal na siya nagtatanong tungkol sa daddy niya ngunit ako mismo may diperensiya. Ako ang may mali. Ako may kulang sa kaniya, dahil pinipilit kong itago ang lahat dahil sa nakaraan na'ming dalawa.

[He'to na, gagi! Sino kaya mananalo!] Erica said excitedly, and we continued our conversation over Messenger, engaging in a lively video call.

[Alam mo na gagawin mo, Erica,] nakangising tugon ni Shainny.

[Ready na, kanina pa.] natatawang sagot ni Erica.

Hindi ako nakisali pa sa usapan nila dahil hindi ko naman alam ang pinaguusapan nila. Nasa atensiyon ako ng T.V. dahil ngayon na malalaman kung sino mananalo.

After a captivating display of culinary artistry and intense competition, the moment arrives for the final results of the cooking show. The audience, on the edge of their seats, awaits the announcement that will determine the winner.

"Ladies and gentlemen, what an incredible journey we've had today with our talented chefs from around the world." excited na sabi ng Host. "The judges have deliberated, tasted, and considered every aspect of the dishes before them. Now, the moment we've all been waiting for—the final results!"

The camera pans to the distinguished panel of judges, each with a thoughtful expression, ready to unveil their decision.

"In third place, earning high praise for their innovative approach and delightful flavors. . ." pangbibitin na sabi ng host at may kasamang drum roll background sound.

Napakakagat ako ng labi dahil sa kaba. Si Kerson sana ang mag-champion. Nagpapabuga akong paghinga.

"We have a Chef Logan from Canada!" masayang sigaw ng host.

Applause fills the show as Chef Logan graciously acknowledges the recognition. The tension builds as the host prepares to reveal the second-place winner.

"In the second place, demonstrating exceptional skill and a unique culinary perspective,"

Unti-unti niyang binubuksan ang kulay puting envelope na naglalaman ng resulta.

"Please congratulate the Chef Charlotte from Spain!"

Another round of applause resonates through the venue as Chef Charlotte from Spain accepts the acknowledgment with a blend of humility and pride.

Pumikit ako ng marahan at pinagkrus ko ang aking dalawang kamay, nagdadasal.

"Philippines. Philippines. Please, Philippines," I murmered, still closing my eyes.

Pinagpapawisan na ako ng malamig dahil sa kabang nararamdaman ko.

"Si Kerson ang manalo. Si Kerson sana. . ." I whispered.