𝟎 - 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"You tell us too little about yourself."

"Right?"

"There he goes, thinking back on his life decisions."

Megumi faltered at the sound of his three other classmates behind him. He turned around to meet up with three disappointed-looking expressions, all of their arms crossed over their chests.

He gritted his teeth as he looked down a little. Nobara gave him a hard side-eye. "You're seriously at your wits' end if you didn't notice us until now." "We're not saying you have to tell us everything, but at least rely on us. We're friends, aren't we?" Yuuji added, feeling very disappointed.

"Come on guys, don't give him that much pressure." The girl with pink hair spoke, stepping next to Megumi before swinging an arm around his shoulders. "But yeah, we're into this together, Gumi."

A moment of silence filled the air as the only thing Y/n could hear was the trees rustling to the wind. She blanked. Did I overdo it?

Megumi perked up a little but didn't face the group. "Tsumiki's... still bedridden."

Everyone's eyes widened at the information. Y/n peered over at the male before slowly removing her arm from his shoulders and looking disappointedly at Megumi. She had clearly remembered that he told her that she had recovered ages ago.

"The curse of the Yasohachi Bridge only appears before its victims. Since she can't communicate herself, I have no idea when she'll be killed by the curse. So I want to exorcise it right away. But our mission's danger level has indeed increased." Megumi filled them in before Nobara interrupted the tense atmosphere. "Okay, okay, we get it now."

Yuuji and Nobara turned around, walking away from him. "You should have told us that from the start," Yuuji said, placing his hands behind his head.

Y/n deadpanned at her twin's blunt expressions. She looked over at Megumi, increasingly getting worried for him. But all she noticed from his facial appearance was a small smile that had formed on his lips.

Deciding not to say much, she turned around and followed behind Yuuji and Nobara. Upon noticing footsteps getting softer, Megumi quickly tailed behind them.

Megumi had recently informed the three about the information that Nitta Akari had told him, and they all walked for a while before reaching a small stream of water. And in unison, they all took one step across it.

Huh?

Suddenly, they were all teleported to another area. Y/n had to guess that it was the curse's innate domain. Spikes formed everywhere as a curse appeared from a hole in the ceiling. Everyone got into a defensive position. "There it is," Yuuji spoke.