𝟐𝟐 - 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Y/n leaped from right to left to up to down. She was currently in a training session with the Wind Hashira.

He mischievously grinned, before slashing his wooden katana in multiple directions, Y/n trying her best to dodge them. She panted loudly and lightly bent her back. Shinazugawa frowned at her, before dashing at her at full speed.

Y/n quickly scrambled to her right, avoiding his attack. He halted in his action before standing up and looking at her.

"Your stamina still has not recovered, but your reflexes are sharper." He grinned at her before looking at the sun. "Alright, session over. Dismissed." Shinazugawa spoke, walking up to her and taking away her two wooden swords.

Y/n lightly nodded at him, thanking him for the training session. She picked up her duo katanas before waltzing towards the butterfly mansion.

I gotta get back quickly... or else Aoi's gonna get pissssssedddd...

It has been about four or so months since Rengoku's death, and many things have changed in terms of everyone's personality.

Zenitsu no longer threw fits, even when he had to go on solo missions.

Inosuke became even more aggressive than before.

Tanjiro worked a lot harder than he did in the past. It pained Y/n to see him working this hard with no rest.

Y/n herself... became slightly more introverted, and also worked hard. Even when Shinobu and the other butterfly girls had told her to rest, she didn't listen.

When nearing the butterfly mansion, her eyes widened at the sight when her master, the Sound Hashira, was on top of the entrance gates, holding both Aoi and Naho. He looked at the younger girl before letting her go, making her fall.

Y/n eyes widened at his sudden action, and she quickly ran through the entrance and caught Naho in time.

Her eyebrows furrowed at her mentor as a familiar voice yelled from behind her. "How could you do such a thing, you inhuman brute?!"

Y/n recognized the voice as Tanjiro's and agreed with him.

Why was he acting like this?

"He dropped me!" Naho wailed, and Y/n lightly caressed her head, trying to calm her down while looking up at Uzui.

"For now, I'm just going to take this one on my mission with Y/n. Not that she looks like she'll be of any use. But somehow. she is a Corps member, last least." Uzui spoke, and Y/n;s eyes widened at his statement.

Without even looking at Aoi's facial expression, she could already tell that Aoi was horrified. Y/n stepped up.

"Uzui-sama, please don't take Aoi. She's had trauma ever since she was young, so she doesn't fight anymore. Please let her go." Y/n pleaded, and Uzui squinted his eyes at her, not letting Aoi go.