𝟓 - 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐤𝐲

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Andddddd...! Dinner is served!" Mitsuri exclaimed as wiped her forehead, proudly looking at the food she made.

Y/n was absolutely flabbergasted.

There were mountains upon mountains of food, more food than what she would've eaten for a whole day.

Y/n gawked at the pile of bowls and plates as she slowly turned towards Mitsuri. "Wh-what's with all this food...?"

Mitsuri raised an eyebrow at her. "Do you not eat this much daily? Ah... but I made a lot less today!" Mitsuri deadpanned, placing her hands on her face. Y/n's eyes became so wide, that she thought that her eyeballs would've popped out.

THAT SKINNY LADY CAN EAT ALL OF THIS?!?!

Y/n, wanting to test her hypothesis, slightly smiled at Mitsuri. "How about you eat first, Mitsuri-san? This can be your reward for successfully cooking this much food!" Mitsuri had a shining aura around her, looking sweetly at Y/n. "A-Ah... really? Oh, then if you say so! Itadakimasu!"

Just for some elaboration, it's only been about two days since Y/n was taken in by Mitsuri, and... let's just say that she has barely told her anything about what her job was and why she wasn't in the dojo for the majority of the time.

Y/n, who was a curious being who couldn't stay in her own business, kept a mental note in mind to remind herself to ask Mitsuri about it.

Looking back up at Mitsuri and the piles of food, Y/n's jaw slammed against the table as almost all of the food had just vanished in front of her. She gawked at Mitsuri who was cleaning her mouth with a tissue.

"Phew... I think that'll be enough for today!" Mitsuri exclaimed before looking over at the younger female. "I left you a bowl of udon and a few slices of salmon for you. I also recently brought back apples so feel free to eat them whenever!"

Y/n nodded, bringing the gestured bowl of udon towards her. Picking up her chopsticks, she opened her mouth to say something, only to realize that Mitsuri had disappeared from her seated position.

Huh-- wha-- where did she go??

Y/n whipped her head around and saw Mitsuri wearing her haori. Y/n stumbled to the front door as she called for Mitsuri.

Mitsuri flinched before looking down at the girl, her mouth slightly open. "What's wrong, Y/n-chan?"

A determined look spread across Y/n's face. "Look, I know I've only been living in your dojo for a day or so, but I want to know what you do all night long." Y/n started, and Mitsuri turned to fully face her.

"All I know is that there are these people with katanas, wearing the same uniform that all have the kanji word 'Destroy' on their backs. And you always only go out at night. What are you all doing? What are your intentions?" Y/n pushed on, stepping closer and closer to the Hashira.