𝟗 - 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐝

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Y/n and Aoi gawked at the scenery in front of them.

The two of them along with the kakushi climbed up Mount Fujikasane to arrive at Final Selection, and my god did the view look amazing or what.

Everywhere the two girls looked, it was purple. There were wisteria trees everywhere, coating the area that they were in a bright purple glow. Looking around, there were also many other attendees. If they had to estimate, there were probably about 30 of them.

"Oh, so you also got an omamori?" Aoi suddenly asked. Y/n looked toward the butterfly-clipped girl. Looking down at her waist, Aoi had a purple and blue colored omamori hung on her sash.

"Oh yeah, I did. Did Shinobu-san give you yours?" Y/n asked, and Aoi nodded her head. "And I'm assuming that Kanroji-san gave you yours?" Y/n nodded back, the two girls giggling before looking in front.

Luckily, the two arrived just in time, and as they thanked the kakushi's and halted behind the crowd of people, two voices rang from the front, silencing everyone.

"Everyone... we thank you for coming here tonight, to the Demon Slayer Corps Final Selection." The two girls spoke in unison, Aoi and Y/n looking toward them. Y/n's eyebrows raised.

Oh-- I didn't know Kuina and Kanata were hosts for the Final Selection.

They were both wearing formal kimonos, different from what they would wear around the Ubuyashiki estate. They held brightly lit lanterns as they stood side by side.

"There are demons imprisoned here on Mount Fujikasane, captured alive by the Demon Slayer swordsmen, and unable to leave." Kanata, the girl with the white hair, explained, looking at the crowd of older children before them.

"That is because wisteria, which demons hate so much, blooms year-round from the bottom to halfway up the mountain," Kuina explained, getting a few 'oohs' from the crowd. Aoi's foot tapped on the ground impatiently, getting more and more anxious.

"However, there is no wisteria from this point on, and so demons abound," Kanata spoke.

"You'll need to survive here for seven days to pass Final Selection." Kuina finished Kanata's sentence.

Then they both chimed together,

"And now, be on your way." They finished, bowing respectfully as the horde of kids started to flood into the mountains.

Aoi and Y/n, giving each other a quick nod and a determined look, quickly followed behind.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯