𝟕 - 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Y/n whipped her head back and forth, crouching down low to avoid being spotted, at the same time trying to look for specific figures in the middle of the pitch-black night in the forest.

There were subtle sounds that made her slightly jump and make her heart sink.

Twigs suddenly snap due to something's or someone's weight.

The movement of tree branches swaying in the night.

Owls hooting at night.

The pitter-pattering of land animals.

As time dragged on, and the sudden sounds continued, it made her more and more anxious about what was about to happen.

Y/n's grip on her two wooden katanas got tighter, sweat dripping down her face as she stayed silent, listening intently in the forest for anything other than those sounds.

Y/n squinted her eyes, being able to sense at least three other figures surrounding her. Thanks to Sanemi's hellish training and jump scaring her with sudden attacks, her sense of her surroundings has immensely enhanced.

One... behind a bush to my left, just waiting for the right moment to pounce...

The other... definitely behind me. Behind the trunk of a tree.

The final one...

She wasn't able to figure out where the third person was.

Focusing further, she thought to herself again.

I can't find it, but this figure is the closest to me...

Y/n looked left to right, front and back. The third person was nowhere to be seen or felt.

A rustling of leaves alerted the girl and Y/n's eyes widened.

Above me!

Y/n immediately dashed to the side, watching as the figure landed harshly on the ground, their wooden sword piercing the dirt.

Without wasting any time, the figure immediately jumped in her direction, ready to unleash another attack with their wooden katana, the weapon glowing a pink hue. By doing the limbo, Y/n was able to dodge the figure's attack. She abruptly stood up, and adjusted her grip on both her made-shift katanas, sucking in air.

Jewel Breathing, First Form, Protruding Gem!

Y/n, in the blink of an eye, dashed towards the figure and thrust both of her weapons towards them. The figure, hesitating about what to do next, got stabbed in the abdomen by her two wooden swords. They fell onto the ground and held their stomach in pain.