𝟖 - 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Aoi and Y/n watched intently as the Insect Hashira taught them how to create and use wisteria poison.

The process was confusing, and the two girls struggled to keep up.

If you aren't caught up, today was the day of the Final Selection.

It was now already noon, about 1 PM, and they had to leave at 6 PM. Luckily, they got to leave later than the other attendees, since their estate was extremely close to the wisteria forest, the location of the Final Selection.

Y/n was actually taking matters quite calmly. During the last month, she has created three more breathing skills. Now her jewel breathing had a total of seven moves.

Aoi on the other hand, was struggling and was getting more and more quiet. She still could not master water breathing and only knew two skills. Aoi felt unprepared, and as each day passed by, she got more and more anxious.

Y/n felt bad for her. She wanted to just put a hand on her shoulder and tell her that everything would be alright. But, she knew that that would not make much of a difference. Actually, it might make matters worse.

... Well, for her of course -- if she was in Aoi's position.

As Shinobu finished explaining, she gave the two ladies a small wooden box, a small syringe with purple liquid in it.

Y/n, having a left leg strap that can hold small equipment/tools, clipped the small wooden box onto her strap, smiling as she bowed down towards Shinobu. "Thank you for the demonstration, Shinobu-sama."

Aoi quickly followed Y/n, almost lost in her thoughts as Shinobu chuckled at them.

"It's nothing. Now you should go along and go up to the second floor. Naho, Sumi, and Kiyo have prepared you both clothing to wear during Final Selection." Shinobu explained as she escorted them out of her lab. "They should be in Room 2-04.

"This will be the last time we meet until the end of Final Selection. I wish the two of you the best of luck." Shinobu smiled as she closed the sliding door in front of them, the two girls bowing low once more.

In silence, Y/n and Aoi turned around and walked towards the staircase.

Y/n turned her gaze towards Aoi, who was staring intently at the ground thinking about something.

"Oi."

The pink-haired girl spoke, but Aoi didn't budge. It's almost as if she didn't hear her at all.

"Aoi-san."

The two of them reached the stairs, slowly walking up as Aoi still did not move a muscle. Y/n huffed before raising her voice.