𝟏𝟎 - 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐝

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Y/n was getting scared.

Today was the last night of the Final Selection.

Aoi was still nowhere to be found.

One of Y/n's blades has been broken, but luckily she still has another one.

During the first three days and nights, she asked different survivors if they saw a girl with two pigtails and butterfly clips walk by. The majority of the answers she got were:

"Then she's probably dead."

"Wh-Why do you think I care?!"

"You should focus on yourself before others here!"

Y/n was disappointed with all the answers she received. She still had a feeling that Aoi was still alive.

I mean-- she had to be... right?

The pink-haired walked around the forest, multitasking by slaying demons and looking around for her friend.

That was until she was interrupted by the ground shaking furiously.

What the-- an earthquake??

Y/n turned to her left and saw a survivor running away from something. He was screaming "Someone help us!" Multiple times and Y/n decided to go closer.

Her heart dropped at the sight.

There was a huge demon.

It was monstrously big, veiny too, and had olive green skin. It had multiple arms wrapping around its body with red fingernails.

Y/n stared as the demon picked up a dead female corpse and raised her above his 'mouth'.

The male, screaming to not eat her, bulked down onto his knees and squeezed his eyes shut, tears streaming down his face. "Don't eat my sister!"

The demon, not listening to the desperate male, ate the girl in one bite. The male screamed, picking up his blade as he sprinted towards the demon, water forming around his blade.

The demon smiled as he stretched out his arm, ready to punch the male. Y/n, sucking in air, appeared from behind the tree she raised her katana high.

"Jewel Breathing, Third Form, Gemstone Discovery."

Three small but sharp gems appeared next to her blade. By slashing her katana in the air three times, all three gems shot in the direction of where Y/n was aiming.

The three gems pierced the demon's arm and because of the force used on the gems, the demon's arm immediately fell onto the ground limp.

The hand demon raged as he looked around for another attendee. Upon spotting Y/n, he rolled his eyes as he shot an arm at the male again and another at Y/n.