𝟐𝟕 - 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐥

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Y/n-chan! Time for breakfast!"

A pair of e/c orbs glanced at the wooden ceiling on top of her. She lifted her hand and wiped her lips, swiping off some saliva that trailed down.

"Coming..." Y/n replied as she stood up, groggily getting out of her futon and beelined downstairs, watching as a familiar Love Hashira placed a few plates on the table.

"Good morning, Mitsuri-san." Y/n spoke as she sat on a cushion, looking at the wide variety of food placed in front of her. Mitsuri smiled widely, looking down at the pink-haired female. "Morning!"

Mitsuri sat opposite Y/n as they clasped their hands together.

"Itadakimasu!"

Mitsuri picked up her chopsticks as she stared at the sakura mochi sitting in the corner of the table. She looked back at Y/n, noticing how she didn't even touch her chopsticks yet. Mitsuri frowned, "Is something wrong? Are you not feeling hungry?"

Y/n placed a hand on her left forearm, caressing it before shaking her head. "No, that's not it. I'm just thinking about my schedule for today."

Mitsuri noticed her action and furrowed her eyebrows. "Does your arm still hurt, Y/n-chan? If that's the case, I recommend you stop training with Obanai for today and go visit the Butterfly Mansion one more time." The hashira recommended, slowly placing her chopsticks down as she worriedly glanced at the younger girl.

"I don't know... I wouldn't want to annoy Aoi and the others... Many patients need to be taken care of," Y/n said, picking up her chopsticks as she reached for an omelet.

"That's their job, Y/n-chan," Mitsuri pushed, "You don't have to worry about that. They'll be happy to take care of you. Shinobu-san did recommend that you should've stayed in the Butterfly Mansion for a little while longer..."

"... I'll consider it," Y/n said, glancing down at her arm one more time before taking the first bite of her food.

It had been around two months since they had defeated Upper Moon Six.

Around a month ago, Y/n had woken up before the others. Compared to them, her condition was not as bad as theirs. Just one limitation: her arm was terribly hurt.

She then realized that the reason she did not die was because Nezuko had healed her with her demon blood art and removed the poison from her body.

Y/n still has no idea how that could've happened.

After ten minutes of eating her breakfast, Mitsuri hurried Y/n to the front door, urging her to wear her shoes. "Go on, Y/n-chan! You need to recover faster so you can get stronger!"