𝟑𝟎 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

She finally exhaled the breath of air that was unconsciously held in before looking down at the young male. She squatted to his level, "Are you alright? I know that handing over that key would've been quite the tough decision..." She softly commented, watching as the boy rubbed his tears away.

"... It's fine. There was no escaping him anyways." He coldly replied.

Suddenly, footsteps were being heard walking towards them. The duo looked up.

Y/n blanked.

...Haganezuka?

But Y/n blinked when she noticed that he wasn't walking towards them. But to Tanjiro who was lying half-conscious on the floor.

Y/n and the boy walked over to his limp body and analyzed the male.

The younger boy immediately felt stressed as he hovered his hands on top of Tanjiro. "Ah, what should I do? Can I carry him down by myself?"

Y/n waved a hand in front of him. "Don't worry, I'll carry him."

"No. I'll carry him. As long as he doesn't come too soon." Haganezuka suddenly offered, before slightly jolting. "Huh? His eyelids are twitching! He's about to wake up!" He spoke with his words laced with anxiety. He took a few steps back before turning his back to the trio fully. "See you!"

"Huh? Hey!" The boy shouted after him as the duo watched Haganezuka run off into the forest. And just as he was out of Y/n's sight, Tanjiro abruptly sat up, scaring the shit out of the duo.

"Ah, Tanjiro!" Y/n lightly exclaimed as the boy leaned closer to the older male. "Are you okay? You shouldn't get up so fast." Y/n nodded her head.

"Was Mr. Haganezuka here?" Tanjiro asked with haste as Y/n and the boy peeped a small "Huh?"

"Wasn't he here just now?" Tanjiro tried to confirm, his facial expressions laced with confusion.

"Well, he wa—" "No, he wasn't here! Piew piew~!"

Y/n deadpanned at the boy who started to sweat, looking at Y/n's direction before giving her a stern look. Her mouth turned into an 'o'. Right. We were supposed to lie about that.

Tanjiro then glanced over at Y/n, "Is that true, Y/n?"

Y/n gave him a close-eyed frown before nodding.

Tanjiro's face soon turned slightly solemn as he looked down at the ground in front of him. "I see. So I was just imagining things." Suddenly, a light bulb in his head lit up as he turned back to the duo kneeling beside him. "Where's that Hashira?"