𝟐𝟔 - 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐞

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Y/n plopped onto the ground, completely out of energy.

She had just slipped and fell from a tree branch, landing butt-first onto the hard ground.

Y/n tried to stand up but she couldn't, her legs heavy and full of fatigue.

She felt an arm wrap around her waist and hoisted her up, placing her back on her feet.

She heard a chuckle behind her, their arm still supporting Y/n as she stood on shaky legs, "You're a fast learner, Itadori. But remember, training is just as much about knowing when to push yourself as it is about knowing when to rest. Don't overdo it, alright?"

Y/n let out an exhausted laugh, slightly leaning on Uzui for support. "Yeah, yeah, I hear you. I guess I did get a little carried away. Thanks for the save!"

Uzui grinned, his eyes glinting mischievously. "No problem kiddo. Gotta keep an eye on you so you don't go toppling over like a stack of cards. Now, let's get you some water and a good rest. You've earned it."

The duo walked toward a shaded area with a nearby water source. They settled down on a grassy patch.

Uzui handed Y/n a cup of water as he smiled at her. "You're making quick progress, but you still gotta improve on your reflex time." Uzui murmured, thinking to himself as Y/n made a small "Tsk.

"It's alright, I got my strength to make up for it!" She exclaimed, sitting up and flexing her dominant arm, showing Uzui all of the muscle she had.

Uzui chuckled, before nodding at her. "Those are some fine muscles indeed. But remember, strength isn't everything. You have to include the other skills too. Take care of your body and mind. They're your most flamboyant weapons!"

Y/n nodded, taking a sip from her cup. "I appreciate the advice, it means a lot coming from you."

Uzui patted Y/n's back gently, his tone more serious now. "But listen to me, Itadori. You have the potential to become an exceptional Demon Slayer. But along this path, you'll face unimaginable hardships and trials. It won't always be easy. But I know you have what it takes to overcome them. Remember, you're never alone."

Y/n's eyes glimmered as Uzui smiled wider. "Lean on your comrades, including me, when things get tough."

Y/n could feel tears threatening to slide down her cheeks, but she puffed her cheeks and smiled back at Uzui. "I won't forget, Tengen-sama! I'll always carry your words with me!" Y/n shouted as she placed a hand on her face. "Man, this isn't like you!"