𝟐 - 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Come on Y/n-san! You got this!"

"Just a little more!"

"Take deep breaths!"

It had only been one day and one night that she had stayed in the Butterfly Mansion to execute her full recovery.

And my god did she suffer.

Y/n squeezed her eyes shut as the young girls surrounded her, helping the girl to relax and stretch her body.

She swore that she heard multiple bones crack every now and then.

And when she means crack.

She felt as if her bones were detached and then suddenly reattached once more.

Y/n lay supine on the floor gasping for air as the other girls let go of her limps, patting Y/n's back. "Good job, Y/n-san!" "You were great!" "Get some rest!"

"Th-Thank you, girls..." Y/n spoke softly, slowly sitting up and balling her hands into fits, punching at the areas that were still sore.

But she had to admit, those girls were extremely experienced with muscle relaxation.

Speaking of the girls, Y/n noticed that they were unusually quiet. She turned her head to look at the girls who were whispering amongst themselves. She watched as they all nodded before turning to look at Y/n.

"Hey, Y/n-san, we have a small request to make," Kiyo explained, her voice filled with excitement. "We want to assess your agility, endurance, strength, and more skills to see your current status!" Y/n watched as Sumi took out a blue notebook from her pocket, smiling widely at Y/n.

"Or even better, if we get the results and show Kanae-sama and Shinobu-sama, she might consider your potential to become a valuable asset to the Demon Slayer Corps!" Naho exclaimed.

Y/n's eyes widened in surprise. Becoming a Demon Slayer was never part of her plan.

And who was this, Shinobu?

Me?A demon slayer?

Meh, why not? It does sound easy enough. It might just be similar to exorcising curses.

She gathers her resolve and nods, ready to take on the challenges that await her.

"Alright then! When you're all rested up, in the next few minutes we can go test the first skill!"

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

The three girls lead Y/n to a spacious training area in another building, filled with various obstacles designed to test agility and quick reflexes. The room is dimly lit, as outside is still as bright as ever.