𝟎.𝟓 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Y/n was uncontrollably sweating.

She couldn't move her body.

She had already been in contact and fought with the same curse before, but something about this one just sent her the wrong vibes.

She was so caught off that she didn't even notice the fact that Megumi was standing in front of her, placing his cursed tool in front of him before the ground abruptly vibrated, making Megumi and Y/n stumble backward. Y/n blinked as she noticed Megumi's blade was completely broken.

She lightly shook her head as she realized that the curse had already attempted to attack her with a cursed ball when she was slightly unconscious.

She placed a hand on Megumi's arm. "You good?!" Y/n shouted as Megumi slightly winced at the pain. "Don't mind me!"

The duo was then suddenly lifted by a pair of strong furry arms as they were brought back to avoid getting attacked by the cursed spirit. Y/n looked up and noticed the fusion of Megumi's demon dogs.

"Nue!" Megumi whisper-shouted, placing his hands together.

But before Nue could even be summoned, the curse reappeared right in front of them, and punched Megumi directly in the head, sending him flying back and hitting his head against the wall.

"MEGUMI!" Y/n shouted, glancing over at his limp figure.

He wasn't moving.

Blood was splattered all over where he came into contact with the wall. His demon dog fusion had also dissipated.

She whipped her head to look back at the curse but noticed that it had disappeared as well.

She recomposed herself as she placed her weapon in front of her, standing in a defensive position.

Where could it be?

Y/n sweatdropped. As much as she wanted to go check on Megumi, the presence of the curse had completely disappeared.

She uncontrollably sweated as he did multiple turns and leaps from beam to beam, sending chills down her spine.

Where is it?

She was growing impatient. Megumi's life was on the line.

"Come on! Come at me, you coward!"

A small piece of debris lightly fell onto her head. Her eyes widened to the length of saucers as she snapped her neck upwards.

Above me!

The curse was somehow standing on the ceiling, defying gravity. It smiled widely at her as it placed its palms together and faced it towards Y/n. Then from his hands, it launched a barrage of yellow cursed balls.

Y/n swiftly moved to evade the attacks. She skillfully maneuvered through the air, narrowly dodging the projectiles. However, a few managed to connect, causing searing pain and leaving her with a few cuts along her body. Gritting her teeth, she fought through the pain and retaliated.

She swiftly spun her polearm, splitting it into two daggers. With a determined gaze, Y/n lunged forward, closing the distance between her and the cursed opponent. She slashed and parried, her movements a dance of calculated precision.

The curse's laughter echoed through the room as it effortlessly avoided her strikes, taunting her with each dodge.

Frustration welled up within Y/n, but she refused to let it consume her.

Ever since that night – the day that Itadori had consumed that damned cursed object, she had trained relentlessly, honing her skills despite lacking cursed energy. She had learned to rely on her agility, speed, and sheer determination.

As the curse made a swift counterattack, Y/n successfully anticipated its move. With a twist of her wrists, she reattached the daggers, forming her polearm once again. She swung it in a wide arc, creating a powerful shockwave that sent the curse hurtling backward.

She blinked multiple times as the blade barely did any damage to the curse.

All that was visible was a small cut.

Shaking the thought out of her head, she seized the opportunity and charged forward. She unleashed a flurry of fierce strikes with the sound of metal clashing against the curse's body filling the air, creating a symphony of battle.

But the curse was resilient, refusing to yield. It retaliated with a devastating blow, sending Y/n crashing into a nearby wall. Pain radiates through her body, and she grits her teeth hard.

It's not over. Pushing herself up, she rose to her feet, her eyes burning with adrenaline. She smirked at the curse.

"Is that all you've got?" She spat, her voice filled with defiance. "I'm surprised I didn't even break a bone yet!"

With some kind of newfound strength, her body surged with energy, and an indestructible aura oozed from her figure. The curse's eyes widened in surprise as Y/n's attacks intensified.

And finally, after a fierce exchange of attacks, Y/n eyed its chest, and delivered a decisive strike, piercing through the curse's defenses. With a resounding cry, the curse landed back-first onto the ground, the ground below them cracking and almost creating an earthquake.

Y/n stayed in that position, her chest heaving, covered in sweat and wounds. She looked around at her state.

She had multiple cuts around her body.

"Tch." She mumbled as she stood up, looking over at the curse who had already fled to a few meters away from her.

To her surprise, a soft groan could be heard from behind her. She lifted her eyebrows as she whipped her head back. Megumi was waking up!

"Megumi! You alright?" Y/n shouted, her attention suddenly being poured all onto her classmate. Megumi stretched a little before slowly looking up at Y/n. "Please don't worry about me now. Did you already kill that th–"

Megumi's eyes widened.

"BEHIND YOU!"

Y/n's eyes widened as her back got full-on shivers.

All she could feel was vibrations coming from behind her along with a bright white light that shone intensely. She also felt that exact same curse's presence right behind her.

She furrowed her eyebrows. Shit! I got too distracted!

"RUN, ITADORI!"

Y/n took a step forward in an attempt to run, but it was useless.

A sharp pain hit her back, and her vision went fully black.

She didn't have much recollection of what happened next.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯