𝟐𝟏 - 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Her vision slowly cleared as she had no more tears to cry.

It had probably been a few hours since she decided to blindly venture into the forest.

Now, sitting on a large piece of stone, she looked up at the bright sky, with not a single white cloud.

She coughed and winced at the pain. She placed her hand on her neck. 

Her throat was hoarse from crying, and her muscles felt extremely weak. 

She really just wanted to be by herself to recollect her thoughts.

For the past few hours, she actually tried searching for the Upper Moon but never found a trace. But, she did find Rengoku's and her broken blades scattered around the area. She bent down and looked directly at Rengoku's blade.

She was inspecting the aesthetics of the sword, admiring the intricate designs of the flame carvings.

Pictures of the Flame Hashira filled her mind.

She exhaled loudly as she stood up and looked around the forest, looking for an exit or path that could lead her back to where she started.

Y/n decided to walk around, limping while trying to find an exit. The scar on her thigh didn't heal, and she was running out of first aid supplies. She used the majority of it on Tanjiro.

What was I even thinking? Trying to find Upper Moon Three?? That guy is probably on the moon now or something.

Y/n halted as her heart felt like it stopped. Her eyes widened.

That aura...

She calmed herself down and closed her eyes. She tried to spot where the Upper Moon was hiding. It was pure daylight, so he had to be near the trees.

Upon looking up, she spotted Akaza standing on a thick branch.

He squinted his eyes down at her. "You even dared to follow me here? Why did you even follow me?"

Y/n squinted her eyes at him. She didn't feel like talking.

Akaza rolled his eyes, preparing to leap to another branch to leave the area before Y/n called out. "Oi."

He halted and turned his head, turning his attention to her. He couldn't really trust her yet, but he could tell that Y/n was a lot calmer now. "What do you want."

"Why'd you kill him?" Y/n asked, looking down at the ground.

"Well, he did attack first."

"He was just defending someone else."