Chapter 7 - Second Magician

—-- Leon Greyrat —--

"Atta boy! Put some more oomph into it!"

Dodging Paul's obvious thrust, I press my back foot against the ground, before launching towards his open chest while swinging my sword from the side.

Thwack!

But before it could reach him, he twisted his blade just in time to parry me.

"Hehe. Nice try, but it'll be a while before you can hit me," he mocks. "But don't worry! Even if you did get me, it's not like it would hurt much!"

Dammit... this guy really knew how to get under my skin.

That must be due to the Water God style's provocation techniques... or maybe it was just him and his annoying self.

Leaping back, I raise my sword once again to defend against any strike he sends my way, but instead, Paul simply rests his sword against his shoulder while stroking his chin.

"Hmm... know what? I think at this point, you can call yourself a Beginner swordsman," he says with a grin.

"Really?" I ask doubtfully.

While my skills have definitely grown over these past months, I still have yet to hit the guy.

"Yep! While you're still weak, that's just because you're a kid, and because you're fighting me. With a real blade in your hand? Yeah, I could see you putting up a fight against a swordsman. Especially with your skill in parrying," he answers.

As he said, while I didn't care for any particular style, I found the Water God techniques a bit easier to learn, as the art of parrying didn't need strength to perform.

"Well... that's great then. Which style am I a Beginner in?" I ask.

"All three of them! I mean, there's not much of a difference between the three at the Beginner rank, since you're just learning the basics. But now that you got the basics down, I can start showing you some cooler stuff!" he exclaims.

Ignoring his childish antics, I look down at my wooden sword, and the hand, which was previously so smooth, that was now covered in callouses and blisters.

It seems like the hours spent swinging my sword and training my body weren't for nothing.

...I'm glad.

"What? Are you worried about how worn out your hand is now? Don't worry, my son! That's just proof of your dedication. And besides... women really like that rough texture in bed, you know~" he says, making a beckoning motion with his fingers.

I hated that I knew what he was referring to. And I hated it even more that I could hear the moans of my mother every night, likely due to said actions.

Damn this cursed knowledge of mine.

My lips curl into a frown, "...I'm telling Mama you said dirty things."

"Hah? You wouldn't! This is something between men, you know!"

Then you should keep it that way, and not tell it to innocent little boys like me.

"Just don't infect Rudy with your... Paulness. I might have the mind to not follow your example, but he's young and impressionable. Besides, I've already caught him stealing panties from the laundry more than once," I say, shaking my head.

"That's my son!" Paul says proudly.

"You're not helping..."

Turning away from his annoying smile, I take in the beautiful scenery. The rolling hills and fields were painted in a thin layer of snow, creating a serene view that stretched as far as I could see, sparkling under the effect of reflecting sunlight.