Chapter 14 - Arriving at Roa

—-- Leon Greyrat —--

"Here you are, young lad! You're heading to the lord's manor, right?" the stagecoach says.

Hopping off the carriage, I respond, "Yes, I am. They should be expecting me... hopefully."

"Aye, then you should be fine. Just try to stay out of any alleys on your way there, alright? You'd be a prime target for muggers, after all."

"Thank you, I'll be sure to keep that in mind," I say with a bow.

Although... I doubt any mugger would want to try to steal from me.

After all, the arming sword strapped to my side wasn't just for show, nor was the short sword hidden behind my back.

From what Paul had said, they should be expecting me at the gate, and if not, I had the letter of my employment's acceptance ready if need be.

While my position as the tutor of the young lady of the house, one Eris Boreas Greyrat, was still tentative, I had already been accepted as a guard to the girl. A duty I would be tasked with alongside my soon-to-be teacher Ghislaine.

I'm excited to see her again.

Walking up the vaguely recognizable streets of Roa, I soon find myself in front of the gates of the castle.

"Uhh... what are you doing here, kid?" one of the guards asks.

"I'm the new guard and possible tutor for the young lady, Leon Greyrat," I answer smoothly with a bow.

Dammit... I asked Lilia for a basic on etiquette, but I still hated doing it. And hearing about the other stories she had about nobles... yeah, I could see why Paul decided to run away as a kid.

I guess I would just have to grit my teeth and bear with it, I suppose.

"You're the new tutor? Aren't you a little, uh... small?" he says.

Huh... I was getting deja vu.

This must have been what Roxy had felt like, right?

No, considering the fact she was actually in her 30s when that happened, it probably felt even worse for her.

"I promise I am. Here, I have a letter-"

"Let him through."

Just as I was about to rummage through my sack, I was interrupted by a familiar figure with a familiar voice.

My eyes lighting up in excitement, I run forward before wrapping my arms around her in a hug.

"Big Sis!"

"It's been a while, Leon," she smiles while rubbing my head affectionately. "You've certainly grown up well."

Removing my head from her chest, I look up at her eye, "Yep! And I got pretty strong too!"

"I can tell," she smirks, "Paul complained quite a bit in his letter. However that only made Young Master more open to hiring you."

I then separate from her as she gestures with her head, "Follow me. You should greet your new employer."

Walking through the estate, Ghislaine speaks up, "I suppose I should apologize for not picking you up. I assumed that you would be able to handle yourself just fine for the trip."

"No worries! It was only seven hours, after all!" I say back. "Just sending the carriage was enough. Though it was a bit hectic since I had to get ready to leave in a day."

"Mmm," she hums.

Although she was acting so stoic and serious, I could tell it was a front she was desperately trying to keep up as her tail was flicking back and forth.