Chapter 30 - Petrified Forest

—-- Leon Greyrat —--

"Sho good~!"

Indeed. As Aisha had said, the food really was good.

While I had tasted things that were much better in Asura, compared to what we had been eating for the past week, this stuff tasted like the greatest thing in the world.

But still...

"I didn't know you hated my cooking that much, dear sister," I tease.

"Hwah!?" she quickly shakes her head. "T-That's not-! I mean, you didn't have-! Uuu~"

Ah. Seems like I went too far.

"I'm just kidding, calm down," I pat her head. "I think it's good too."

While our meals had gotten significantly better after leaving the Migurd village, where we got a few spices and even hunted a Great Tortoise for its tasty meat, nothing beat a restaurant-cooked meal. Even if it was in the Demon Continent.

But damn... even with the difference in currency, this stuff was quite cheap.

It just went to show how rich of a country the Kingdom of Asura was.

"Hmm. To think the place had changed since back then," Ruijerd mumbles looking over at the massive castle at the centre.

"Did you come here often?" I ask.

From his adventurer card, I saw that he was over 500 years old, dispelling all doubts that he was part of the Laplace War.

From Roxy's lessons, and my own research, I knew that there were demons that lived that long, but what surprised me was the fact that the receptionist didn't even bat an eye to that.

That much time... if one focused on honing their skills, and had enough talent to take them far, they could truly become a terrifying opponent.

I would have to be careful to not make any enemies on this continent.

Now, while I say that, I still stand by my decision to make such an entrance to the Adventurers Guild.

After all, while I wanted to make sure no one did anything unscrupulous with my sisters around, the bigger purpose behind the display was to show everyone not to mess with us.

We wouldn't be in this city for long, but it was important to make sure everything went smoothly, especially with Norn and Aisha around.

"Not often, no. It used to serve as the home base of the Demon Empress' forces during the Great Human Demon War, but with Laplace, it was only a city he needed to conquer to unite the Demon Continent," his fist clenches. "I should have known such underhanded methods could be turned against us."

Yeah, while the man held a lot of hate towards his old leader for betraying the Superd race, he held even more hatred towards himself.

Perhaps that was the reason for his quest to better the opinion of his people. Not as a means to actually shed light on the truth of his race, but rather a way to atone for his sins.

Well, he was also extremely lonely, so maybe during our journey together he would lose some of that guilt. Or at least transform it into more determination for his goal.

But again, as much as I wanted to help the poor guy... we had our hands full already with getting back home safely.

"I see... well, let's find somewhere to sleep, and then check out the quests we can do," I say getting up. "I want us to be out of the city by the end of the month as a C-rank party. Does that sound good?"