Chapter 25 - Turning Point

—-- Leon Greyrat —--

I had grown a year older, and the snow-covered landscape was now melting into familiar grassy fields as the flowers began to blossom.

It was springtime.

Or at least, it was nearing it.

Which also meant the coming of my little brother's birthday. More specifically, his tenth birthday.

Be it a farmer, a blacksmith, or even a noble, this was a time that signalled the start of the transition from a child into an adult, which was finalized at the age of fifteen.

However, for Rudy, that wasn't really the case, as he not only had a job but also had his own 'adult' experience.

But it was still a time for celebration, and considering that he had been cooped up in Roa for almost all of the past three years, I thought I'd bring some people over.

"Whoa! What's that, brother?" Aisha asks from my side.

"That's the Adventurers Guild. They give out quests like slaying monsters and guarding merchants," I answer.

"Cool! Do you do any of that stuff?" she asks.

"Sometimes," I smile. "But that's only when Master Philip or Lord Sauros goes with the knights."

"And you know I hate it!" Mama chimes in, holding the curious Norn in her arms.

"Mama, I'm a Water Saint and a Sword Saint with chantless magic. I doubt there's a monster in the Kingdom that could kill me, especially when surrounded by knights. Unless I decided to fight a dragon," I say.

"But knowing you, it won't be long before you try to do something like that. Anyway, Aisha. Remember to use the etiquette I taught you, okay?" Lilia says to the girl.

"I will!" she responds.

While I wanted to say that Sauros and Philip weren't so stuck up as to ask commoner children, especially my sisters, to have such manners, since Lilia only taught Aisha to do a simple curtsy in greeting, I decided to let it go as it wasn't anything too strict.

Plus, it was really cute when Aisha did that in her best attempt to copy my etiquette.

While I was hesitant to label my cute sister so early in life, I think it was fair to say that Aisha was a genius.

She hadn't fired off any spells or anything through the house like Rudy, and it was still up in the air whether she had any talent with the blade, but when it came to academics and general knowledge, she was extremely quick to pick stuff up.

She could already speak much of the Human tongue, and could even read and write some parts of it.

Norn, on the other hand, was a normal child.

She still struggled with vocabulary, and could not read much past her name and a few basic words despite the fact I read to her and Aisha every night I could.

But she wasn't stupid or anything, she was just normal. A cute, sweet, normal girl.

I felt a bit bad that she would grow up surrounded by advanced kids like Rudy, Aisha, and me, but I hoped that my love would quell any confidence issues that might arise.

But still, it was way too early to tell. She might end up becoming a master swordswoman or something by inheriting Paul's natural talent, or could just be a late bloomer.

"Haa... it's too bad Paul couldn't come though. But then again, he might've ended up saying some unnecessary things," Mama says.

"It can't be helped, Zenith. The monsters have gotten horrible the past month, so he can't abandon his duty. Even for his son's tenth birthday," Lilia says.