Chapter 8 - Instructor

—-- Roxy Migurdia —--

Watching the rural scenery pass by, I take in a deep breath of the fresh air, before releasing a sigh, "Let's hope this one goes well..."

I had come to the Citadel of Roa after hearing about a new tutoring job request from the Adventurers Guild, but as soon as I arrived, I was turned down.

Was it because I was a demon? Or perhaps it was my problematic hair colour? It could even be due to my size.

Either way, I quickly found my hopes dashed, but as if fate had cast its blessing on me, I found a new tutoring job posted the next day.

The pay was paltry for someone of my status, but considering it was from a low-rank knight in some unknown village, it was to be expected.

But seeing the details of getting a free room and board, along with plenty of free time, I decided to take the chance.

Besides, some quiet and stable country life would be good for me. I had decided to quit being an adventurer because of the instability of the lifestyle, after all.

Getting directions to the knight's house from the coachman, I take my luggage before heading down the dirt path of the village, and before long, I find the place I was looking for.

A beautifully crafted wooden house, overlooking the quaint and ordinary rural settlement.

Yep. That's Asuran nobility for you.

But at least it wasn't nearly as gaudy as the capital of Ars.

Making my way up to the front door, I can't stop my gaze from drifting over to the beautiful walled yard and flowered garden.

Yeah... a place like this... I could get used to it.

But first, let's meet my new prospective students!

Rapping my fist against the door, it doesn't take long before it opens, revealing a beautiful blonde human woman, a handsome man, and a toddler, held in the woman's arms.

Alright. Let's do this, Roxy.

I give the family a respectful nod, "I'm Roxy. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Perfect!

Looking back at the silent couple, I notice that the two are at a total loss for words.

Haa... it was always the same with humans. Even though I was nearing my 40s, I still looked like a child to them.

"Oh, uh, are... are you the home tutor?" the woman asks.

I was about to answer before the man scratched his head, "Aren't you a little, uh..."

"You're little," the toddler finishes.

How rude.

"You're sure one to talk," I snap.

Ah, shoot... I wanted to get hired by this place, but I just lashed out at a child who didn't look like he had even had his first birthday.

"Oy. Don't be mean to your new teacher, Rudy," a childish voice speaks up from behind me.

Turning my head, I see a young child, likely around the age of seven, with shoulder-length golden hair and a red scarf wrapped around his neck.

'Cute', I thought.

I suppose this was one of my students?

Wait... what did he say again?

That the toddler was also supposed to be my student?