Chapter 34 - Wind Port

—-- Leon Greyrat —--

As I returned to the beach, Ruijerd and Eris instantly noticed my... condition.

"Leon? What's wrong? Did you get something in your eye?" Eris asks with worry.

"No, nothing like that, I just..."

How do I explain this...

"I met the Great Demon Empress, I guess?" I shrug.

"Hah?" Eris exclaims. "What does that mean?"

Ruijerd, on the other hand, seemed a bit surprised, but quickly accepted it, "So she revived, huh? And I assume she gave you a demon eye?"

"Y-Yeah, but it's a bit hard to control. The Eye of Magic Power is what she called it," I reply.

Ruijerd raises his eyebrow, "Is that so? I knew a few people that had that eye, and from what they said, it was fairly similar to my third eye."

Oh? Really?

"So if you require any aid, I may be of help," he says.

"Thanks, Ruijerd. I'll take you up on that, because right now," I then take off the cloth I had wrapped around my face as a makeshift eyepatch. "Agh! It... it's a little too much."

I quickly put it back on.

"Whoa! Your eye was purple, Brother!" Aisha says, running up to me. "Show it again!"

"No way," I shake my head. "Anyway, are you two done? I brought lunch."

"Yay!"

Even Norn seemed excited seeing the food.

"But it won't taste any good with sand on your hands. Here, show them."

With the two extending their hands, and Eris showing hers as well, which were covered in callouses and dirt, I summon some warm water before washing them off and handing them a skewer each.

But damn... this eye was a liability more than anything right now. I guess I'll have something to do in my free time as I try to search for a way to get Ruijerd across, huh?

Oh! I almost forgot!

"I, uhh..." the words trail off as I look back to Eris.

It wasn't because I was stunned by her beauty, at least not this time, but rather, I remembered that she had a family too. One that completely slipped my mind.

"Huh? What is it?" Eris says.

"My... my family is alive... Sylphy too," I say.

Her eyes widen in surprise. "That's amazing! Then... why are you looking so sad?"

"Umm, I forgot to ask about yours... sorry," I say, wincing.

Contrary to my expectations, Eris simply shrugs, "Oh, them? They're fine. They have Ghislaine with them, after all."

...Oh. I suppose that's true.

It was nice to see she still had so much trust in Big Sis.

—-- Leon Greyrat —--

It had been a week since our arrival in Wind Port, and while I had yet to make any progress in terms of getting Ruijerd to the Milis Continent, I had gotten control of my new demon eye.

Our routine was fairly unchanged.

We would wake up, I would check the guild for any news, the others would get breakfast, and then we would convene at the beach for training.