Chapter 16 - Time Passes

—-- Leon Greyrat —--

Another few months had passed since arriving in Roa, and as the days became longer with the arrival of summer, I fell into a comfortable routine.

Save for the free day at the end of each week, my daily plan was like so:

First thing in the morning I would do some basic exercise, focusing on cardio and basic bodyweight exercises, both as a way to improve, but also as a way to get warmed up and ready for the day.

After that would be a quick breakfast before Eris and Ghislaine's lessons began.

The lessons themselves were very easygoing and freeform with the two, as not only did I try to integrate many subjects into each session, but Eris' interest in certain topics differed from day to day, so I had to adjust.

Usually, the first hour was mainly testing the waters and seeing what changes would need to be made to my plans, but recently, Eris had been much more... obedient.

I guess the extra day and city visits helped a lot, huh? And Hilda's affectionate gesture probably played a part too.

Anyway, lessons would go on until lunch, and after letting the food digest, we would then head to the training grounds for afternoon sword training with Ghislaine.

There was no exact set time for training, so it would usually go on until Eris and I were too tired to continue. Ghislaine was pretty skilled at knowing how to push us to our limits without overexerting us. But... it hurt quite a bit.

After that was free time, which I would usually spend in the library, doing some individual magic practice, or hanging out with Eris after she completed her etiquette lessons.

I had also noticed that my mana capacity had stopped growing, likely due to approaching the static growth age of ten, and also due to being unable to deplete my magic power reserves anymore.

Well... it wasn't like I was unable to deplete it, but rather that the effects of doing so would be... devastating, to say the least.

I don't think Sauros would appreciate me casting Cumulonimbus across his lands.

Anyway, I recently started learning horseriding with this free time, as well as practicing some North God techniques in hand-to-hand combat and survival skills. Sometimes I would also be asked to do some tasks asked of me as the manor's hired mage and healer, but those were fairly rare.

If I was reading the situation right, Philip seemed to not want to flaunt me to the world, especially to nobles.

That was probably due to me being a Greyrat. Even if Paul had been disowned, he was still a former heir to a prestigious house.

Since I was adopted, I had an easy way to dodge these problems, but that would only shift the focus onto Rudy and my soon-to-be-born siblings, so I didn't mind the attention if it ever came.

After this free time, I would then have dinner, sometimes sharing the table with Eris and her family, but most times just eating with Ghislaine before being taught the Beast God tongue by her before bed.

"Continue attacking, Eris! Do not let up!" Ghislaine instructs.

"Grr! Hah!"

When I first arrived here, Eris had been focusing on her posture and form in swordsmanship training. But now, with her graduating into the Intermediate rank in the Sword God style, she had moved onto more spars.

This was the approach that was taken with disciples in the Sword Sanctum, where only after one perfected the basics of the Beginner rank and moved onto the Intermediate rank would they begin sparring. Mostly in an attempt to spur the development of their Touki.