Chapter 19 - A Battle and Sword Saint

—-- Leon Greyrat —--

I form three stone bullets, changing the shape to be conical and sharp, and with a blast of compressed air, they are sent flying toward an assailant each as I run forward.

The air blowing my hair back, I bring my sword to my side, letting the Touki infuse into the blade as I strike forward, the tip tracing through the air faster than the speed of sound.

The assassins all cut down the stone bullets, but before they could react, my blade dug into the left swordsman's side.

Remembering the feeling of when I killed the monsters, the way skin and flesh felt being cut, I continued the path of my swing, bisecting the man and creating a curtain of blood.

The momentum of my swing carries my sword toward the leader, weaving through the air as the edge approaches his neck.

Clang!

Only to be blocked by his sword.

Sensing an incoming attack, I crouch my body as I let the leader's sword slide harmlessly above my head before sending out my blade to stop another attack.

But instead of blocking a weapon, I'm surprised to feel my blade run through embedding itself into an assassin's stomach.

"Gah!"

What? Why would he do that?

In my state of momentary confusion, the assassin grabs onto my sword with one hand and brings down his dagger toward my neck, forcing me to leap back.

Damn... it was a trap.

That's the North God for you. Not only were they unconventional, but with the wide range of styles and dojos, there was no way to know all of the possible techniques.

Now in front of Eris, I stomp my left foot, transforming the ground under their feet into mud that quickly buries them up to their knees.

"Fucking shit!" the leader shouts. "You think this is the end!?"

The leader then rips out my sword from his comrade, killing him in the process, before throwing it toward me.

Right. He was a North God swordsman, after all.

And considering our quick exchange... likely Advanced rank.

But while I was a good swordsman, rank-wise, I was an even better magician.

Forming a physical barrier with my hand, the sword shatters on impact, harmlessly bursting into a shower of metal. With my left hand, I form a small fireball, the regularly red flames burning bright purple from the power.

According to Roxy, one of the first lessons they teach you in Ranoa is to never use fire magic in a city, as with the lack of control once you launch the spell, it could quickly lead to disaster in such an enclosed and populated space. Not even mention how most houses were built of wood.

Too bad I didn't go to Ranoa.

"Bye."

Flicking my wrist, the fireball launches forward like a bullet, and just before the leader can cut the spell in half with his sword, I will the magic to explode.

Boom!

After the echoing blast, no death cries nor whimpers were heard. Only the sound of quietly smouldering flames as the charred corpse of the leader smacks into the wall with a sickening squelch.

Releasing a small sigh, I turn back to Eris, ignoring my still-racing heartbeat.

"You okay?" I ask.

That seems to break her out of her daze, as she looks up at me with the same eyes she had after I killed those monsters. Though I could see a hint of relief there too.