Chapter 35 - Zant Port

—-- Leon Greyrat —--

"Are you sure about this, Ruijerd? We could always try to conquer a labyrinth for the fee instead."

"No. That would be too dangerous, even for us. Besides," he turns back to me, his face set into a confident smirk. "We're going to save some children, right? In that case, how could I refuse?"

Wow. He really was a cool dude.

Too bad he would have his head covered by a sack in a few moments.

"If you say so... Anyway, remember the plan, and if anyone tries to annoy you, threatening them should be enough to scare them off," I advise.

"Got it," he nods.

"I'll be sure to keep your spear safe, too," I add.

And with that, we walked down to the wharf, where Ruijerd was then bound, covered, and transferred onto a small boat that would smuggle him to a ship.

After that, he would be transferred to the storehouse where the slaves would be, and then I would meet up with him to free them, before taking them to their home.

We'd save some kids and get to the Milis Continent, all without spending a cent. Perfect plan.

But unfortunately, Ruijerd would have to spend a few days being treated like shit, but he could take it. He was a venerable Superd warrior, after all.

—-- Leon Greyrat —--

Having already converted our savings to the Milis currency, and packed our remaining luggage into small bags, we made our way to the ship a few days after Ruijerd's departure.

"Whoa! It's so big! To think this thing can float on water!" Eris exclaims, looking excitedly at the sea as she leans on the railing.

"It is quite amazing indeed," I nod. "And as for how it floats, it uses the force of buoyancy-"

"Aah! Nope! No lessons!" Eris shakes her head and covers her ears, willing away my teachings.

How rude. Weren't you interested a moment ago?

"I think it's interesting, Brother!" Aisha says. "Can you tell me about it?"

"How about we do that tonight? For now, we have to brace ourselves," I say, patting her head.

Such a good sister, she was. And a smart one too.

Once we reach the Holy Country of Milis, I plan to stay there for a month or two while looking around for Paul, so I'll try to give her and Norn some more lessons before departing to get Mama and Lilia.

"Brother?" Norn asks, pulling my sleeve. "Where's Mister Ruijerd?"

"He's just... taking a different route is all," I say calmly.

I couldn't exactly explain to her the intricacies of smuggling and slavery, nor did I want to. Norn was a kind and innocent child, so I wanted her to stay that way for as long as possible.

"Oh... okay!" she nods happily.

Aisha pipes up again, "What did you mean by 'bracing ourselves'?"

"Ah, well... some people don't like boats, is all."

I wasn't too worried about Eris, as she was already a swordswoman strong enough to gain Ruijerd's respect, so there was no way seasickness would affect her.

But I was a bit worried for Norn and Aisha.

I would have to make sure they don't feel too bad if they end up being prone to seasickness, as I could use healing and detoxification magic to ward off the nausea.